Out of workouts, Help!

I just finished my first year with TR, and did the only A race I had that didnt cancel. I have no more workouts, and no events on my calendar yet. I want to keep my fitness going though. Should I pick a random date far out on the calendar for a ghost A race, and start a new plan until I figure out what I am doing for the rest of the season?

You do not need an event/race in plan builder. Just press ‘skip’ when asked to add an event, and you will be able to choose the discipline that you wish to train for. You still need an end date for the plan.

2 Likes

You could also use Trainnow as this is exactly what it’s for.

1 Like

Depending on your fatigue and how hard you trained for your A race, I would take maybe 2 weeks of unstructured just fun rides to recover both mentally and physically. Then just run plan builder with no event in mind. When you do decide what your next race is then you can just rerun it and backdate the start.

2 Likes

If you’re having trouble picking a goal date, maybe you could use your next non-cycling vacation date? I don’t race, so I build plans based on either long family vacations or being primed for cycling vacations.

1 Like

Or just pick a plan directly without using Plan Builder. They have a couple of maintenance plans on there, which I have used before to bridge between specialty and starting a new base. Worked out OK.

2 weeks off. pick a base plan that aligns to what you like to ride, where you have a weakness, or what you perceive your future race objectives might be. by the time you are done with base, you’ll have a better idea of next year and then do a plan builder once the 2022 race calendar is good to go.

1 Like

All good advice, thanks for the replies. I am going to take a couple weeks off and see what pops up for the summer schedule as California is starting to open up. My club weekday training races are starting in a couple weeks now, and the track is just about fully open. So I do have some fun things to plan around even if its not what I was planning. I did find this article and its just what I was looking for. Pretty much states what some of you have been saying. Training Plan Guide: How to Coach Yourself to Peak Fitness