New iOS Release Issues / Bug Reports

No matter what I try, I cannot connect the console IConsole+0081 of my spinbike to the updated app on ios. Had no problems whatsover with the previous version of the app. This is really frustrating. Can I go back to the previous version? What to do?

I would also like to go back. But I donā€™t know how.

It is slow and I canā€™t turn it anymore

In the old version, in ERG mode, power ramped up a couple of seconds before the start of the interval (during the countdown) and now it only ramps up after the start of the interval. Not a bug per se, but it kind of messes with my brain as Iā€™ve become so used to the old behavior :slightly_smiling_face:

This is on a Neo 2T, in case itā€™s something trainer-specific.

My iPad downloaded a new version of TrainerRoad on 24 March 2021. I have an overall positive impression about the stability of this update, even though it does seem to be rather slow in menu navigation. Based upon my immediate impression I though these delays would translate into bugginess and/or crashes, but I havenā€™t seen that yet after 3 workouts.

However - I find the layout makes poor use of screen space. Scrolling thru workouts and selecting 1 brings up a kind of silly 1/3 of screen that takes a long time to load and sweeps in from the right with a rather cramped appearance. I liked the old layout where the workout selected would occupy the full screen. It also blew out my favorites, which I have been adding for 1.5 years. Within a running workout, the chart is smaller and less visually appealing, for what seems like no good reason; they didnā€™t use the extra space to add information, from what I can see. The p.2 view (numbers view) is clunky and unbalanced to my eye, with 4 metrics on 1 row and 3 on another. There is one added metric (Interval cadence). Another annoyance, to me, they use abbreviations what the whole word would fit. I dislike abbreviations unless they are absolutely necessary spacewise, which is not the case here because font sizes are substantially smaller.

Maybe Iā€™ll get used to it but I really donā€™t find it visually appealing at this point. Design-wise, I find that itā€™s a regression.

2 Likes

I received the recent app update for iOS and have found that I canā€™t change my FTP within the app itself anymore. I can view my FTP setting in Account but am not able to save any changes that I make to it. I also am unable to enter my birthdate in it. The only way for me to change my FTP is to log in to the website and update it there. The change will then be reflected in the app.

Anyone else having this problem?

So I see why some have reported the new iOS version is slowā€¦up until now, I have just been doing my scheudled workouts and everything seemed fine.

Today I opted for a recovery ride instrad of a complete rest day. Finding and loading the workout was definitely slowā€¦seemed to be a delay with every click.

Not the end of the world as I donā€™t often search out a workout, but it was noticeable.

:point_down:

Please reach out to the team support@trainerroad.com for help!

1 Like

Just wanted to share my experience with the new app. Quite a strange report, so bear with me.

My gear is a spin bike with a ā€œiConsole+ā€-console, which I connected via Bluetooth with the previous version of the app, without any problems. After the update to the new version, I could still pair the console with the app, but no data of watt and cadence showed anymore, which resulted in the fact that I couldnā€™t use the app anymore. The same problem occurs in the new app of both IOS and MacOS. HR-monitor (Tickr) pairs without a problem.

Because of sheer luck and a fluke, I did manage to connect after all, but itā€™s still a real pain to start a workout. Hereā€™s what I have to do now:

• first pair my HR-monitor with the new app on my iPad (in order to avoid that the HR-monitor first makes contact with the console)
  • power up the console
  • attempt to pair the console with the app on the iPad (but as mentioned no data is shown after pairing so I choose to ā€˜forgetā€™ the console)
  • power up my MacBook and open the old Trainerroad Legacy-app, pair the console with that app (which pairs perfectly and shows the data) (I downloaded Legacy only recently in an attempt to get me out of the pairing-mess)
  • start a workout on my MacBook, at which point the Legacy-app crashes every time (so using Legacy isnā€™t an option either)
  • take the iPad out again, connect again with the console ā€¦ at which point the data finally show up !!

I assure you, this is the only way I can get the new app working with my console. I decided to share this here, so perhaps the tech-people can learn something and resolve this problem. Iā€™ve reached out to the support team several days ago, and still await their answer.

I know my gear and the BT-connection work perfectly. They did so with the old app. Downloaded TrainerDay just to see how that would connect: that cheap free app also pairs perfectlyā€¦

By all accounts it seems I shouldnā€™t be able to do this but Iā€™ve had luck reverting back to the 2019 version of the app. I run TR off an older ipad 4 with iOS 10.3.3. Despite having updated to the new app, itunes seems to not have recognized the download of the 2021 version. After uninstalling the new app, I went into the app store, clicked purchases, scrolled until I found 2019 TR version, hit download from the cloud and it reinstalled. Back to working great again. Generally, I have terrible luck so maybe this is the universe finally giving me a break. Thought Iā€™d post in case this magically happens for others. As soon as I reinstalled the 2019 version, itunes notified be of an app update (which Iā€™m going to ignore for now).

Great ! That did the trick.
Guys - donā€™t Upgrade.
2019 version is good. And on iPads the updates are just slow, laggy and canā€™t do turning on landscape

| Andy_Bogdanski
March 31 |

• | - |

By all accounts it seems I shouldnā€™t be able to do this but Iā€™ve had luck reverting back to the 2019 version of the app. I run TR off an older ipad 4 with iOS 10.3.3. Despite having updated to the new app, itunes seems to not have recognized the download of the 2021 version. After uninstalling the new app, I went into the app store, clicked purchases, scrolled until I found 2019 TR version, hit download from the cloud and it reinstalled. Back to working great again. Generally, I have terrible luck so maybe this is the universe finally giving me a break. Thought Iā€™d post in case this magically happens for others. As soon as I reinstalled the 2019 version, itunes notified be of an app update (which Iā€™m going to ignore for now).

Any news here? Or could every affected member revert back to 2019 with the ā€œappstore-trickā€?

Yes, there are some fixes in the latest update, other fixes can be addressed with the support team (support@trainerroad.com), and others weā€™re still working on. Please reach out to the team with what youā€™re experiencing so we can help address it, as the latest mobile version may already take care of the issues youā€™re facing. Thanks!

1 Like

Tried to revert back but unable to do it on iPhone 5c. The new version flat out doesnā€™t work for me. :man_shrugging:

Hmm, thatā€™s awful. The revert worked for me on iPad 4.

Perhaps 5c acts differently?
I donā€™t think that they will fix it fundamentally, as TR will keep some updates and new functions. The devs invested some time and money so they wonā€™t throw it away I guess .

| TonyLPowell
April 5 |

• | - |

Tried to revert back but unable to do it on iPhone 5c. The new version flat out doesnā€™t work for me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The apps for iPhone and iPad are separate on the App Store so thatā€™s probably why I couldnā€™t see the previous version.

Anyway, moving on trying to find a solution thatā€™s as comfortable as I had with the iPhone. My laptop and iPhone XR arenā€™t the most elegant and comfortable to use, so I have some work to do.

This app is laggy and flaky to the point of unusability. Big fail for me. Back to Zwift to run my workouts until this is resolved. If itā€™s not sorted out before I need to renew, Iā€™ll be gone.

update works pretty well on my old iPad but the text is super fast nowā€¦ Coach Chadā€™s instructions/text is on and off the screen before I can read it. Other than that it works pretty well. Though it wonā€™t auto-rotate to landscape mode in the calendar mode.

iPhone 12 iOS ver 14.4.2 user with an older garmin HRM (sorry donā€™t know which version). My HR will occasionally freeze at a certain level (not consistent) and not move during the workout even though when you go into the devices tab the HR will be reading live fine. To remedy I have to close out the app and restart the workout.

Hey! There are some fixes that were released in the latest update, while other issues of ā€˜lagsā€™ and dropouts can be addressed with the support team (support@trainerroad.com). Please reach out to the team with what youā€™re experiencing so we can help address it, as the latest mobile version may already take care of the issues youā€™re facing. Thanks!

I guess this is the best place for it. If you use this app on an iPad in landscape mode, Iā€™m not seeing a clock anywhere. I see the workout end time, but did the clock disappear? Kind of annoying not being able to see the current time.