New FTP New Progression Levels

Am I the only one who gets really bummed out when progression Levels go down after an FTP change :sob::woman_facepalming:t2:
Seems so unfair to lose 2.0 progression level for a measly 4w ftp increase

1 Like

I had a 9 watt increase after testing, trained for three weeks improving most PL’s upwards, then manually adjusted up 1 watt for symmetry and a few of my PL’s nosedived, :joy:

I’m kind of bummed that after I completed 23 out of 25 intervals on a PL 4.1 Anaerobic workout that my Anaerobic PL stays at 1.0, I couldn’t even warrant a 2.0 or something? Earlier in the year I completed 85% of the intervals on a PL 6.4 Sprint workout and got…1.0 for my Sprint PL :hot_face: Not even a 1.5 for getting close? Guess that only counts in horseshoes!

It’s known that your legs forget everything you did, if you don’t complete the workout :wink:

2 Likes

This link may help.

1 Like

An FTP rise makes you faster than a PL rise. If the PL drop seems to much, just find a different workout. If you complete it, your PL will shoot right up. :+1:

More info here under FAQ’s and ‘Why did my Progression Levels Change’ > ‘FTP Increase’

If you think something is amiss though and the drop was too severe, best protocol is to check in with support@trainerroad.com so they can take a look.
Keep in mind though, those Progression Levels are just speaking to where you’re at, dont put too much weight into those numbers! Easier said than done though, right?! :wink:

1 Like

Easy way to solve that. Just do the next hardest workout your progression would have been and your progression level is back.

1 Like

Me, this AM when Pettit shows up in my calendar as a “stretch” workout after a full season of training and hitting all-time highs in FTP and W/Kg.

7 Likes

Nah…

its like a video game. You level up and need to work yourself to the next level… If they dont do this, the level would go to 100, and thats kid of silly…isn’t?

2 Likes

Oh yeah…I get how Progression levels work and I make it worse since so many of my rides are outdoors now. I just thought it was funny that Pettit came up as a “Stretch” workout at this point in my training for the year.

I’m pretty sure I am gonna be able to handle it with no issues. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My progression levels are dropping faster than British pound :sob:

3 Likes

Regression levels :joy:

2 Likes