Moving Around days of the TriPlan

First poster here… I LOVE the Half Distance Triathlon plan and am currently in the build phase. As a swimmer by trade, I only do 2 of the swim days with a bit longer workouts and have also added 3 strength training days. That being said, the auto populated days are set that the long ride and run are consecutively on the end of the week, as are the beginning anaerobic days. This ends up leaving my Tuesdays extremely light and other days a bit heavier time wise. Can I move my long run to midweek? And can I move the brick run around behind any of the longer rides? Its often after Pheonix, but wasn’t sure if it can be a bit more flexible.
Thanks!

1 Like

You’re completely welcome to, and we encourage, moving your workouts around within your training plan. As you listen to your body and start to figure out the workload and “fatigue cost” of each workout, you’ll be able to personalize the training plan for yourself far better than we can - this is why we view the plans more like guidelines for training.

You can definitely take some workouts from the end of the week to midweek to spread the work more evenly, and just make sure you can complete the brick run after the longer rides.

1 Like