Low FTP need help

I have been cycling for a year and half
My ftp on move from 113. 10 139

I can finish TrainerRoad sweet.spot sessions
I switch to endurance and struggle with recovery.
But I still love cycling

You need to provide some more information on your rides/workouts. Have you been on a TR plan, if yes, which plan, and did/could you do all workouts.

Skipping 1 or 2 in a block, or replacing a few with outdoor rides is no problem, but when you do only half of a plan, you will get in trouble with the next workouts, because you miss progression steps.

Without more info, I would say, start a Low Volume TR plan and try to stick to every single workout! Enough gains to get when you start low :wink:

1 Like

Yes, give us more details…and always look at FTP/kg…there’re are way too many people here talking their watt numbers in the high 200 - low 300, without including the crucial denominator. H

W/kg don’t matter in Lincolnshire :wink:

8 Likes

depends what your goals are. if flat TTs or crits are your thing then w/kg isn’t that important

Assuming this is you… - TrainerRoad

Honestly you have hardly any rides posted so I’m not sure what to tell you. If that accurately represents all of the riding you’ve done in the past few months then you’re at a point where simply riding more will see you improve a ton

If you want to double down - pick a low volume plan and adhere to it 100% for the entire duration

3 Likes

I only agree with this as I have high FTP but I’m overweight😆

The other thing to remember is adaptations aren’t linear. Weird jumps just happen. Recovery is critical to support them. I’m again learning that I rode myself beyond what my body was adapted to in the form of hours on the bike and didn’t recover enough. Now that I’m two weeks past my A race and been easy riding the adaptations are popping. I start training again the first week of Nov and can’t wait for the Ramp Test, ok not the test it sucks but the results. Stay steady and trust the system, you’ll make gains.

and check your powermeter… something weird is happening on this ride: Log In to TrainerRoad

looks like the second half your watts trippled, but the speed stayed the same

if the truth is in the middle, you might be twice as good as you think.
And if not (assuming we are looking at the correct profile), start a new plan and stick to the plan and you will make huge improvements!

:rofl:

1 Like