Little advice needed on plan

I completed SSBMV2 just before Christmas break. Since then I’ve been doing random rides - race in zwift here, loop in some remote area there. I’ve been getting in around 100 miles a week.

I want to get back in to structured training now I’ve had my fun. Where do I go from here? Back to base 1? Carry on with build? Advice needed please.

Use the plan builder or try it and see what it gives you.

1 Like

Check this out.

I dig the plan builder, but as far as I know it is not “aware” of your recent training history. That is, it won’t “know” you recently completed 12 weeks of base; it only knows how much time you have left before your goal event(s). So in all likelihood it will put you back in base.

I would go right into build. Or repeat the final 2 weeks (plus the recovery week) of SSB2 and then go into build.

2 Likes

I’d go straight into build. With zwift racing, you’ll have done some intensity and sat on the trainer, but if you feel rusty doing intervals, pick 1-2 workouts from base and do them before going into build. If build feels exceptionally hard (even after doing a new ramp test), repeat a bit of SSB2.

Build

So did the Ramp Test and FTP gone up from 237 to 254 so gonna crack on with Build as I thought I was worried I lost it. w/kg now at 3.48 meaning I’m getting over closer to the 4 w/kg target :pray: thanks for all your input

Btw in total that’s an increase of 224 to 254 since starting trainer road 14 weeks ago. So thanks TR🙏 Everything you teach really does work

1 Like