So I’m in the final week of the build phase on MV plan builder having completed SSBMV1&2 (first experience of structured training), but I’m now struggling to complete workouts and think it might be best to knock it on the head a few workouts early and go back to base instead of moving on to specialty. What I want to know is, what’s the best way to do this whilst still developing? My thoughts are:
- have a rest week/10 days until feeling suitably fresh/motivated
- go again from base (probably low volume with some extra workouts added, maybe the odd Vo2max workout to keep it interesting)
- come back stronger and more capable of dealing with the training load
- should I target a certain weekly TSS to start from base relative to my current weekly TSS?
- any tips from others with similar experiences?
Experience up to this point:
Base went okay - I completed every workout albeit with a lot of fatigue at later stages and FTP went from 340 to 375, but I’m struggling with the consistent higher intensity stuff in build. Missed a couple of workouts with an exam and Christmas so was a little on/off as a result of that, and now getting back into it for a few weeks my legs are completely shot.