Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

Sub 58…:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Re: your position (and I know I am gonna sound like a broken record here) but I would recommend extending your reach and also raising your hands. You don’t necessarily need to get your aerobars lower…just extending your reach will lower your front end.

Vertical upper arms creates a high upper body…and TBH, isn’t that comfortable. It is a common misconception that it is more stable and therefore comfortable. But slightly extended upper arms, combined with high hands, can actually lock your into a position and be more comfortable.

1 Like

I’m on the button as far as UCI legal reach goes.

That’s a great looking bike :wink:

Why do you need to adhere to UCI regs?

Because I have high dreams of doing nats some day. And things are more interesting if you make them as hard as possible.

1 Like

I would suggest worrying about UCI regs when you need to…until then you are just handicapping yourself unnecessarily.

But you don’t look that tall…if you are up against the UCI extension limits, your frame may be too small.

2 Likes

8 Likes

is your saddle 50mm behind BB? that gives you an extra 50mm on extension if you are (800mm total)

all TTs around here are UCI, so you just deal with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now my saddle is slightly over the setback, so I can’t take the reach exception. I might need to swap that around. If I can get more drop I get a little more effective reach, so that may not be required.

It’s a ‘first fit’ with compromises for comfort to let me build time in position. It’ll get better. I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly (now edited). You are allowed 800mm extension from bb if your saddle is 50mm or more behind the BB

so sounds like you would be able to go to 800mm if you are on 750mm now

The ruling is either further forward saddle or longer extension, but not both

Correct. And I’m taking the BB exemption right now by something like 5mm. So I could ‘easily’ get 55mm of reach. Is that what I need? :man_shrugging: Might help flatten the back a bit. Going to the 15 degrees on the extensions would also give me a little reach. Lots of ways to skin the cat.

1 Like

My mate who does well in CTT TTs, hes always on the podium has his bike set up for the optimum ignoring the UCI. He’s qualified each time he’s entered for the Amateur UCI champs and modifies his bike then. I would set your bike up for what is fastest and worry about adapting for the Nats down the line if that happens.

1 Like

Your mate sounds really strong.

He is. On Saturday he finished 2nd with 1h44 for a 50mile TT, amazingly the winner beat him by a minute :dizzy_face:

It is actually the opposite…raising your hands decreases your reach. Think about it like a clock, with your elbows being the center of the clock. You arms are currently at 9:00…raising your hands would bring then to 10:00, which brings them close to you (on a horizontal plane)

When you raise your hands, most people need to extend their reach.

Which is what we are after.

Maybe it is how you phrased it that is causing confusion…you wrote that going to 15* would give you a little more reach. By itself, it won’t.

If you meant it would give your the opportunity to extend your reach through HB adjustments, then yes, that is correct.

Yes. Putting rise on the extensions shortens their effective length with let’s you move stuff inside the regs. Dropping the front would give more ‘immediate’ reach, but is more constrained by me being being old and soft. Bike fitting is complicated, which is why I have a guy.

Thanks! I am enjoying the ride! :slight_smile:

Hi All!
Not as top-of-the-line as some other rigs on this page, but thought I’d show off my QR PRFour Disc. First pic from a training ride a few weeks ago, the others are some shots from IM Tulsa by Finisher Pix. Really happy with these photos, best pics of me riding I’ve gotten

10 Likes