Is anyone using the TR OSX app with Mojave?

just wondering if it all works ok as was going to upgrade today?

thanks in advance!

:sunglasses:

Iā€™ve found itā€™s been crashing as I start pedalling when the workout is loaded so Iā€™ve been using my phone for the week. Not 100% certain if the Mojave update is the cause, but seems to have coincided with the update.

I have been using Mojave on my MacBook without any issues. I upgraded to Mojave in the first week it was released and have been doing 4 workouts per week. My setup includes a Kicker18 and Garmin speed and HR sensors connected with the Garmin Ant+ adapter.

1 Like

All good for me :metal:t2:

I havenā€™t had any problems either.

Are you still in the Beta program? I found the same on the 10.14.2 beta update and reverted back to the public 10.14.1 and everything was ok.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m in the beta, but will double check when Iā€™m home what version Iā€™m running

TR wonā€™t work with my latest version of Mojave 10.14.3. Wonā€™t open.

@bak5557 After you upgrade TR on OSX, go to the Applications folder and launch TR. I forget if it will launch w/out a dialog box or not. But if a dialog box pops up, say yes/ok. And if there was a dialog box, it only appears the first time you launch TR. The next time you launch TR it will not appear.

Thanks, but the dialog box doesnā€™t open long enough to say yes/ok. The beach ball spins, the there is a blip that is probably a dialog box, which closes immediately. Iā€™ve completely deleted everything related to trainer road, emptied the trash, and reloaded trainer road, but still not working. BTW, the version I have is 10.14.3

All good for meā€¦havenā€™t had an issue.

Only problem I have has nothing to do with TRā€¦bluetooth on mac stops working when it feels like it and I have to restart to pair PM via bluetooth. Not a Mojave thingā€¦just started happening last month.

1 Like

SNAP - happened to me yday - on High Sierra - had worked all week then BOOM all devices disappeared! - 2 restarts later still no bluetooth connection, luckily had phone as back up but not the ideal way to start a 2 hr Sweetspot session! haha

Tried a clean reinstall today so will update on whether it works later

Its hellava annoying. Luckily mine always works on restart (touch wood!!!)

i always run my garmin 820 through every workout so if thereā€™s a drop i still collect all the data as TR on OSX drops power at least once every 2-3 weeks ā€¦

@bak5557
I too am running 10.14.3. I have had zero issues with TR starting up, running, etcā€¦ Are you launching from the Dock or from the Applications folder? Make sure you launch directly from the Applications folder.

You can also try looking in /Users/**YourUserName**/Library/Preferences for a TrainerRoad .plist file. If you find one, delete it. Then try restarting TrainerRoad. .plist file is a preferences file. Sometimes they get corrupt and cause issues. I say, ā€œIf you find oneā€ because I have not personally checked to see if TR has one. I am on a different computer at the moment. I am guessing it will be named something like com.trainerroad.plist

@Travisza @sandilandscycles You might try deleting the Bluetooth plist for your Mac. It is located in /Library/Preferences

and named com.apple.Bluetooth.plist After deleting this file. you will need to restart your Mac.

When I get home, I will double check my Macbook for these files, their locations, and contents. Then, I will update this thread again.

Thanks. I have read about deleting the plist file for bluetoothā€¦just havenā€™t gotten around to it yet. Will try tonight

A bit useless of me considering how its annoying its been.

I did a clean reinstall last night - with an uninstaller app - so deleted plist / caches etc

Re-dowloaded and launched from applications folder not dock and all worked fine ā€¦ hopefully that has sorted things.

1 Like

@bak5557 Here you go for the TR plist (prefs file)

1. Open Finder
  2. Command-Shift-G: type ~/Library/Preferences
  3. Find com.TrainerRoad.Mac.plist
  4. Delete
  5. Restart TrainerRoad

thanks for your help. Iā€™ve tried all of the above, and still canā€™t get TrainerRoad to work on my macbook. It just wonā€™t open. Itā€™s the only program Iā€™m having a problem with. There must be something with the latest version of Mojave and TrainerRoad.

The real frustration is that Iā€™ve encouraged all my athletes to use trainer road and now I canā€™t even use it myself. Iā€™m not completely computer illiterate, but I donā€™t want to spend my whole day playing with this. :-/

Beth A. Lamie

Pegasus Elite Athlete Management
The Wheelhouse Cycling Studio

Follow us on Twitter @team_pegasus

I have TR installed on multiple MacBook Pros running Mojave. No issues. While I seriously doubt it is a TR issue, I would open a support ticket with TR via email or live chat.

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/requests/new