🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Every time I see ML here I think my employer (Merrill Lynch) has invested into TR :rofl:

4 Likes

Once you get access you’ll be prompted to turn it on and have everything adapt. So one click and you can stay on your current plan but with all the adaptions based on your previous performance.

29 Likes

You should support more sensor types to get more data say muscle oxygen

This is true. We had 50 of us take it down before because of a bad query. There’s still a few features and onboarding to button up too.

But we will release features out to everyone as they are good. So we really want to make this a constant stream than a long long wait.

20 Likes

Cool stuff! Would be nice to get more info about kj/kcal burn and needs for week/month/day or even per workout. Having this extra info could help in calculation/planning of all sorts of goals. So much podcasts and threads about nutrition, maybe something for the future? @Nate_Pearson

Here is something I have not seen asked: What if we don’t have any goals right now how will the adaptive training work?

I hit the wall in November and just finally am able to stand being on the bike for 45 minutes at a time. Barely able to stand running. Looking at a pool still has me doing negative shivers.

Just curious.

Great job TR.

3 Likes

This should make things 10x better for masters now, but we are also going to launch different work/rest micro/macro cycles. That will come directly after AT is available for everyone.

But truly, what we have today is a HUGE step forward for masters athletes.

46 Likes

Firstly, congratulations to the whole TR team for getting this out there I’m really excited to start using it.

I’d also like to thank @Nate_Pearson for answering my first podcast question about whether it works offline. I probably wasn’t clear in that I was just checking I can still run TR offline, which I take from the answer to be yes (I’m happy that the ML aspects will need a server to process, will be interesting to see if / how well it works if I’m offline for a couple of weeks and then upload a block of training).

Congratulations again to everyone, and super congrats @ambermalika and Mr Amber!

5 Likes

It’s not just one metric…that’s the whole point with ML.

But in my experience, when my HR decouples during a workout the RPE definitely goes up!

4 Likes

Does continually hitting refresh on my Career page make it more likely to give access sooner after sending in an email? Asking for a friend…

15 Likes

With regard to heartrate, will the system factor in whether the workout is outside vs inside? I know my HR is higher when it’s 90 degrees outside as opposed to inside with the fan even if the RPE is the same. Or would this metric be too “marginal gainy”?

No swim and runs yet, but we plan on adding that for the stress side.

You will get credit for custom workouts in adaptive training.

7 Likes

Yes, it will still work with “ad-hoc” plans. So plans added without plan builder.

7 Likes

+1 to this question for how FTP is being defined here

2 Likes

So did I understand correctly, and you can do just the first ramp test, and then the system estimates the progression and ftp levels with the workout data. Is that correct?

We’re trying to get polarized out within the next two weeks. So relatively soon.

We are also going to add some more volume levels of plans to fill in between low and mid and mid and high. That’s a bit longer timeline though, but still near term.

53 Likes

There’s some metrics and qualitative data that we hope to use to capture this stuff. There’s definitely more to capture and feed into the system.

2 Likes

@Nate_Pearson Amazing stuff!!! Any plan to incorporate sleep into the ML algorithm? I would love to input the amount of sleep I get every night so it can factor that in to my performance. I find sleep to have the biggest impact on my performance and would thus be helpful to capture

5 Likes

Will you release polarised Tri plans?

2 Likes

If being a horrible business person means making decisions that promote undying customer loyalty, then yes, yes you are! :wink:

26 Likes