🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Are there other objective ways beyond power that classify if a workout is a “pass” or “struggle?” I did Kaweah last night in the sustained power build and “passed” the workout, but it was like 10RPM below my normal cadence, and checking back on previous rides of Kaweah that seems to be the case. From the survey I would check it as RPE 4 and was interrupted once. Would the ML be able to make a determination about one of my energy zones from that and show something is lacking? Or is the survey supposed to cover that gap?

1 Like

Yes, and we want to run it into our ML system to see if it’s better for YOU!

13 Likes

Our models can detect frequency and urgency of clicking, yes. :upside_down_face:

45 Likes

Yes, but more money makes us go faster and get more done. And I think people would pay as I still think we’re the best value in cycling.

But…now at least I have some friends to drink with when I travel. :beers:

20 Likes

There are many ML features that track this stuff. :zipper_mouth_face:

8 Likes

I’m so excited, I can’t wait for being included in the Beta :grin:

1 Like

This is awesome. I feel like I’ve done a good job of adapting plans to fit my needs/life but can’t wait to see how this goes.

1 Like

Are you going to start bringing in weight data?

1 Like

Perfect! I’ll keep on proving the definition of insanity then :slight_smile:

Btw, Congrats!!!

2 Likes

This is a bit of an aside, but:

Are there any thoughts on opening up group workouts to not share the same workout, etc? One of the things I’ve seen is that since we’re all on plans anyway, it often feels like people are ‘giving up’ their standard workout to do the Group workout. As plans get more and more customized with this, that divergence may grow. Love doing Group Workouts and hope there’s a way for them to continue.

(Sorry if this was addressed in the live video, haven’t watched it yet.)

5 Likes

Yea, I get it. But thank you anyway!

1 Like

Does the new adaptive training function work if all we do are outdoor workouts?

1 Like

Yes this would be great. Maybe uou could select the type of workout (ramp test, endurance, sweet spot, vo2 max) but each person has his own workout

1 Like

If you’re using TR outdoor workouts, yes.

We are working on making it work without any TR outside workouts. IE you can view all of your progression levels and achievements on your outside, unstructured workouts.

14 Likes

Way to go guys! I’ve been on TR for 3.5 years now, and this is a new feature that I am most excited about. I had a feeling something like this was coming.

5 Likes

My question was probably lost in the many questions here…
so let ask again…

Will (can?) the system take into consideration room temperature?
I know is hard to judge… and quantify… but a hot day in summer is not the same as a cool day of winter…

3 Likes

How will the TR system know the temperature in the room? Garmins record it when outside. But there is not a place to input it AFAIK manually.

We don’t have room temperature but that’s a great idea. I wish we could get it from Trainers or phones! Maybe power meters could share it?

14 Likes

Think of it this way, your users are the biggest champions when it comes to promoting TR. I would promote the product based on merit regardless, but I’m extra excited and feel more valued as a customer to have a locked in price, and I’m sure the most vocal promoters of TR will feel even more encouraged to tell everyone about this product with new features that doesn’t hike the price.

13 Likes

A question like… Room temp hot, moderate, cold…

something simple…
Also, some garmins record indoor temperature…

2 Likes