🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Yeah, I took note of the couple of changes I wanted alright👍. I’ll set a few benchmarks next week to get everything back on track.

1 Like

So you pulled the plug after a single interval? In a vacuum, I would also assume that means it was way above your PL paygrade at the moment, as well. Not finishing the rest of the workout sends a really strong signal to AT that the workout was too hard. Better to finish the whole workout at reduced intensity instead. That said, there should be some kind of contingency for AT to recollect previous workouts at that level and serve you something of the same level next time.

Also, how far out is that next workout? Is it next week? It very likely could change again before you even get there if it is far enough out and I wouldn’t worry much about it until the day before or the morning of that particular workout if that’s the case.

It might be because AT feels it ramped too quickly and feels that you have too much fatigue in your legs to do the next workout at 5.3. A 2.6 might be enough to keep your level where it is but still allow your legs to recover.

Next workout is Thursday. I pulled the plug after the first set…of 5. It wasnt that I couldnt do them…it was more that I felt at this point in time the workout seemed too much to do 5 sets. Already tired it didnt make sense to dig a deeper hole. Age is 61…still thinking my second vaccine dose is still having an impact on my energy level is also at play.

AT knows nothing of this. From my perspective AT was ramping too quickly. The prior week it was wanting me to do a 6.1 which I did an alternate at 5.3. This week it has set up for a 5.7 and 6.1 for Tuesday/Thursday. I do understand the drop…just not the rate. I almost wish they had a little bit of reasoning to indicate why the adjustment of what I perceive as a significant change. I think I likely should of answered the survey differently as I said intensity…which it was…but fatigue was likely a more appropriate answer.

You should still be able to change the response to Fatigue instead of Intensity by tapping the three dots on the workout page. I’m not sure how much it will affect things, but it is something you could try. I’m guessing the reason for such a big drop is two fold: 1) you didn’t do 80% of the work in the workout, and 2) it may also drop more greatly for people in different age ranges (I believe age is one of the AT markers).

Sad day for me, my sweet spot ranking decayed from 9.2 to 5.9 lol

3 Likes

Time to give up cycling!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Never thought of being able to update the reason.

So the interesting part is since the update it now recommends no adaptations. Thursday is now a workout that I think is too much at 6.1.

1 Like

I’ve just been added to the Beta. Currently the web version and my phone app both show that I have a workout today but my computer app doesn’t show the workout. How do I fix this?

Make sure to click the sync button and that the version on the PC is up to date. If all that is in order, send an email to support@trainerroad.com and they’ll get you sorted.

You can replace the workout with the alternates feature to something in that 5.7 range or lower if you want to drop it further. Again, I’d wait to do this on the day of the workout in case more adaptations occur between now and then.

1 Like

Is the rollout region locked by any chance (I live in Canada)? Been refreshing this page every day waiting to see how many people have been added (and of course checking my emails in anticipation). Been taking a few months off due to severe burnout and I’m excited to get back into it.

1 Like

in Canada and in for three weeks. good luck eh!

Been on the waiting list since March 29th, can’t wait for the email aha

I was on on day 1. It will happen. It is cool as it kind of gamifies the training process. More engaging.

I think having a recent ramp test is (or was) a criteria for being selected. I have noticed that several people mentioned a recent test just before being admitted, including myself.

Though they probably keep changing the secret criteria all the time based on their needs.

1 Like

They’ve said on the podcast that criteria are constantly shifting. But maybe it wasn’t the ramp test but rather scheduling a new plan in Plan Builder? It’s speculation, but many people in the last month that mentioned just getting in recently did this.

Recently received the invite email. Just so happens I have about 18 weeks to get ready for IM FL. So before I accept and use planbuilder I’d like to see if anyone can educate me…

1. Due to life I sometimes have to switch workouts around to different days: e.g., move long ride from sat to sun. Will this “break” the AT system or have any impact?

2. If I want to add a workout to the plan, say an extra Sunday z2 ride, how will this impact AT?

Thank you in advance.

I was recently added to the beta and one of the users which have a coach in Trainingpeaks and do most workouts outside. I am pushing the TP workout to TR and executing the workout on my Garmin. The custom workout is getting a level in the calendar, but since the TP push to TR is forced as an inside workout it does not go against my progression charts. The best workaround I can find is deleting the workout and choosing a similar difficulty outdoor TR workout and hope it matches close enough to go against my progression level. Even that only gets me a different survey, but still doesn’t go against my progression levels so everything is stuck at 1.0.

My understanding (so I’m prepared to be corrected on this) is:

1. move the workout on the day you intend to do it. AT should still apply any necessary adaptations to it.

2. An extra workout isn’t a problem, it won’t be adapted itself since PB/AT don’t know about it but will count towards future adaptations.

2 Likes