šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ Introducing Adaptive Training! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

Sort of. The problem is, once you manually replace a workout, itā€™ll no longer get adapted. Itā€™ll still count toward progression, but any future non plan workouts youā€™ve added wont change. So for example, if I manually switch this weekā€™s session, and one next week, the one next week will never be changed by AT, no matter how badly (or well) this weekā€™s session goes.

This wouldnā€™t be a problem if the system accurately showed your levels after failing / struggling with a session, but it doesnā€™t.

Edit - To be clear, when I say manually switch I mean deleting the existing workout and putting another in. If you could use the ā€œreplaceā€ functionality built into the system it would still workā€¦ but in this case I canā€™t as the workout I want to select isnā€™t shown as an option.

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t have much time because Iā€™m in week 4 of SSB2 so next weekā€™s Sleeping Beauty +2 is my last vo2max of the block. And then presumably the numbers will all reset when I do an FTP test.

1 Like

Youā€™re right, and this is a big part of the continual behind-the-scenes work weā€™re doing on Adaptive Training. Weā€™re currently adding a TON of new workouts to fill in gaps in progressions. We have about 600 that will be going live soon, and as other needs are identified weā€™ll be filling them on an ongoing basis.

25 Likes

I do not understand, might be wrong but we all choose to test AT and with this test new ways to train and always have the option to go back to traditional plan, we should be Testing and suggesting but I hear a lot of complains, Am I wrong?

4 Likes

I am sure this is somewhere in here but I keep getting ā€œMissing Responseā€ on my surveys and I know for a fact I do them. I am on a windows machine and the app is up to date. Not sure where else to report this but would like to help!

No need to report it, it is listed as a known issue in the post at the top:

1 Like

Thanks! I knew I just missed it haha

1 Like

Sure there are some complaints that seem like theyā€™re just there for the sake of complaining, but for the most part, the items mentioned are pretty valid criticisms for TR to weigh and decide an action on. This will ultimately improve the final product as it gathers perspective from many different angles and use cases of very different users.

Thereā€™s no contract for how to use the AT beta or anything like that. They just provide you access and ask that if you run into problems you email their support folks or comment here. There are more than 600 people in the beta right now and most of them arenā€™t posting in this thread, so that skews the perception, as well.

3 Likes

Youā€™re reading too much into it. Thereā€™s a lot of analysis going on as itā€™s a complex system and people finding flaws are not ā€œcomplainingā€, but doing exactly what theyā€™re supposed to be doing as testers and providing feedback.

Most of the actual complaints here seem to be from people whining about not getting in.

11 Likes

Agree with you @Textuality and @BCrossen most are not complaints, are very valid and needed feedback to get the best product for us TR users.

1 Like

As someone who does outdoor workouts with a Garmin, itā€™s working great.

My only suggestion would be to add the indoor blue bar chart to the outdoor workouts so when it recommends a change you can see the new workout details. For example AT recommended Buffalo -2 for me, but I canā€™t see what the actual workout is without going to the workouts page, searching for it, switching to outdoor and then and looking through the intervals on the outdoor version to see what AT is recommending.

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a good idea. All the outdoor workouts do show only the text-based intervals. For the most part they are exactly the same as the indoor counter part so looking at the indoor workout intervals will suffice, but some sometimes they are pretty different from each other and in that case having the visual display would be awesome!

There has been quite a bit of talk about outdoor workoutsā€™ TSS and the increase in workout time for them elsewhere on the forum. Several users have suggested they just make the indoor and outdoor workouts 1 to 1 rather than 1 to 1.5.

Separate note from the above:

This is very cool and exciting! Thatā€™s a lotta workouts to add.

1 Like

I remember them stating you could indicate if you have a vacation or break in training. Is there a way to do that or do you just skip the workouts and let the plan adapt?

1 Like

Add an Annotation to your calendar, select the correct option for your needs, and TR PB should recalculate if you choose Time Off, Illness or Injury.

9 Likes

Ahah! I finally got to see the hidden 5.4 value for VO2max that support told me about.

When I went in to do that I was showing a VO2max level of 6.9ā€¦ but according to support, it was actually 5.4 following a failed session. Whatā€™s odd is that Iā€™ve passed a VO2max before today (a 5.9) and it didnā€™t increase.

Not gonna lieā€¦ Iā€™d rather have not increased my level! Here come the adaptationsā€¦ :grimacing:

Edit - Holy crap at Brasted +1ā€¦ where are my breaks?!?

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing

Updates on Adaptive Training known issues and fixes for today, 4.20.21!

New Known Issues (Also viewable on the ā€˜Adaptive Training Known Issuesā€™ Support Article):

Ride Details Page

• The Ride Details drawer displays ā€œMissed Surveyā€ on workouts with a completed survey until you refresh or close/reopen the app

Resolved issues with the latest update:

Career Page:

• The ā€œCurrent Weekā€ section of the Career page isnā€™t showing annotations that begin in a previous week
  • Selecting a run or swim workout from the ā€œRecent Workoutsā€ section of the Career page results in an error page
  • IF is showing for non-rides in ā€œRecent Workoutsā€ section of the Career page
  • The ā€œRecent Workoutsā€ section of the Career page shows ā€œMissing Responseā€ for non-cycling activities

Surveys

• Your previous survey selection isnā€™t highlighted when changing survey response
  • Custom workouts arenā€™t triggering surveys properly.

As always, if youā€™re still experiencing an issue from the list above (or in the updated original post) that should be solved, contact support@trainerroad.com.

15 Likes

Youā€™ve got this! I had it on my schedule a few weeks back and I really surprised myself with completing it. I did not at all think it was something I could possibly do at the time, but I was proved wrong. Hoping youā€™ll have a similar performance outcome.

5 Likes

Presumably this Annotation Notes/Illness/Injury stuff is only available on the Beta and new AT? I cannot see it on a normal Annotation yet.

Yeah, very likely AT beta access specific.

1 Like