How has no one commented on Nate not knowing who Filippo Ganna is?

Was just wondering​:wink::blush:

Edit - I know nothing about the US racing scene and players over there!

Edit 2 - this was a post in jest, not a criticism!! (wine may have been involved…)

6 Likes

It was a flex

“Filippo who?”

9 Likes

:joy:

Who the heck is Nate? :wink:

20 Likes

@IvyAudrain Ivy didn’t know either. I was pretty surprised by neither of them knowing of him.

5 Likes

He is what happens when you accidentally tip over a Falcon 9 rocket, strap wheels to it, and say “yeah, let’s just ride this one out and see what happens”.

8 Likes

Just wait till he retires from the road and has a go at Leadville.

3 Likes

It was like when Sagan said in an interview he didn’t know who Van Der Poel was

4 Likes

Haha. I had to look him up. :sweat_smile: Maybe because when it comes to road, most Americans seldom go any deeper than the TdF. Giro d’What? I’m certainly jealous of the Europeans and all the amazing races they have in their backyards.

2 Likes

For a short while, he looked right at home riding on gravel during yesterdays Giro stage :+1:

4 Likes

Did his job perfectly I’d say splitting the race up!

I think he’s been training for the track pursuit and the TT for the Olympics, so was never going to be around for the steeper stuff later on

@bclarkson fair enough, hadn’t thought about that really, the giro is such a crazy race every year, always different to the tdf.

To be fair I know next to nothing about the US racing scene and who the big players are there

I didn’t know who he is, or most of the tour riders to be fair.

Ask me about the UCI DH scene and I’ll be able to join in. We aren’t all roadie geeks :wink:

5 Likes

@Crownan fair enough, to be fair I know nothing about the mountain bike scene or US racing

Yeah but you’re not heading a worldwide cycling training platform.

1 Like

Not sure why you’d need to know exactly who all the top road riders are still… The platform is for “us” not “them” :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: Ganna is the current World Time Trial Champion.

2 Likes

and on the track he rides the individual pursuit faster than a lot of teams can do it…crazy

1 Like

But does Nate know who Ronnie Pickering is?

15 Likes

And sometimes he didn’t!

Absolute monster of a rider though - whilst surprised Nate didn’t know who the current time trial world champion is I see no reason to hold that against him - I do realize this thread was raised in good humour :+1:

4 Likes