How has no one commented on Nate not knowing who Filippo Ganna is?

Do you know who I am? An absolute tosser :rofl:

3 Likes

Who’s he???

1 Like

I were also surprised, when you are so much into cycling not knowing who Ganna is. Crazy :smiley:

What i thought was even more hilarious was, that after saying they didnt know ganna, they went on to advice a newly pro… :smiley:

2 Likes

Ganna is just one person. They do know who other pros are… :tipping_hand_man:t3:

I know - just thought it was a bit funny the timing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Styled it out nicely though :wink:

Berny wasn’t going to follow that line! 'Where you going Pip?

1 Like

I don’t see what the big deal is there are so many cyclists out there how can someone know them all? Thread was funny until people started seriously holding it against Nate, pretty childish thing to complain about

6 Likes

The fact is that most people, especially in the US, don’t know professional cyclists. I’d bet that most people in the US wouldn’t even remember Greg Lemond, our greatest US pro cyclist. Probably more will remember Armstrong since he is more recent.

I’m not sure if it’s sadder to be a bike nerd that knows all their names or a civilian that doesn’t know any of them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or calling non-bike people civilians :rofl:

3 Likes

To be fair, most people aren’t CEO of a cycling company though!

Not a big deal, can’t imagine he’s had much time for watching pro races with everything he’s got going on right now. In more normal, quieter times, it would be a bit of a surprise though. The guys normally seem to have a reasonable interest and awareness in what’s happening with European road racing, and Ganna is the sort of rider Nate would relate to and get excited by, as one of the bigger riders and maybe the biggest engine in the peloton at the moment.

2 Likes

Even more reason that he doesn’t have an extra 3-5-10 hours per week to follow pro cycling.

I feel like I follow a lot of pro cycling and I barely scratch the surface. I try and catch the last bit of most big pro races. I’ll watch more of exceptional races. I follow the classics season, the Giro, the Tour, and often the Vuelta. I listen to The Cycling Podcast which is like an hour a day during the grand tours. It’s a lot and I couldn’t name the top 10 XCO guys or the top 10 triathletes in the world. Forget the other smaller niches like track, the US pro scene, marathon MTB, enduro, or downhill.

I bet Nate wishes he had the time!

2 Likes

The topic of this thread is why I don’t listen to those podcasts about science of getting faster or whatever it’s called, I have no idea who the people are.

The domestic US scene doesn’t have much significance anywhere else does it.

:wink:

2 Likes

Following Men’s World Tour cycling at this point has landed on my priority list somewhere between… riding in the rain, and catching up with people from high school. Interest level: small but not enough to actually do it.
:woman_shrugging:

23 Likes

A lot of people feel like they follow a lot of pro cycling but barely scratch the surface…

And to add…https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/giro-ditalia-the-art-of-war/

I ride in the rain occasionally (SoCal commuter), but care little for sports. I barely know any names in XC or DH, don’t think I know any triathletes or roadies.

2 Likes

What is Leadville?

4 Likes

Where is America?

4 Likes

Who Is America?

1 Like

Captain America?