Hour Record attempt today (April 16, 2019)

Ah, perhaps I needed a winky-face.

1 Like

So, how long will this last for?

:drum:

it’s a real FTP test!!

hope he shares his power data

1 Like

Half hour done, how’s he doing v Wiggo?

Halfway…16seconds faster than wiggens…so 1 lap ahead

1 Like

If they share it in Belgian media I will post it here…

2 Likes

Oh man it’s going to be close. 10 minutes left and he’s on pace for 55.065 KM (record is 54.526). He’s been dropping speed on his last few laps though, he was on pace for 55.2ish a few minutes ago. If he keeps losing time at this rate it’s gonna be a real nail biter!

Commentary on Belgium television is a lot better than on YouTube, YouTube is really horrible haha

3 Likes

the youtube guy is good for a laugh :grinning:

Hats off to him, well done!

Amazing.

Wow what an effort. That was fun.

Heal yeah!!! Epic!!!

Maybe a session of Carpathian Peak after to loosen out the fatigue? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hurrah!! What a boss!

Wiggins was around 440W for his record.

That was a pretty epic ride. Well deserved record. It would have been great to see what Wiggins could have done if it had been a genuine attempt to get the farthest possible distance rather than a marketing event. Better conditions and I guess he’d have been over 55km.
Campenaerts has set a record that I think will put some people off trying the hour - it’s that impressive. Hopefully though it will renew interest and we’ll have a few more riders attempt it over the next couple of years (and hopefully push it on even farther)

2 Likes

That was a great podcast. Based on his analysis of power needed at different velodromes’ atmospheric pressure, it was clear he’s done the research to know what it would take for his own record, and again for Campenaerts to break it. The power number he was talking about were jaw dropping.

How much further would he have gone had he gone clean shaven though…

I found it interesting how he was being sprayed with oil (teflon?), would have shaved his arms and legs, but was still sporting the stubble!

guys. no head unit. no overshoes. could have saved a watt maybe? that pacing on feel impresses.