Garmin Training Status now populates for TrainerRoad workouts

I don’t get those options. My screen looks like this:

This is my activity list of recent TR workouts:

1 Like

What happens when you tap on “7 day training load”?

Here’s what I’m getting with a 520+ and Fenix 6. (Both fully updated using Garmin Express).

All the rides show up on the Fenix when I scroll through the recent activities. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

7 day looks like this:

Hmm. So I’m at the end of my troubleshooting road. Clearly, it looks like it’s not calculating any load at all for the TR activity.

And obviously, you’ve synced both ways, else your most recent watch workout wouldn’t have shown up. So I’d say that’s a Garmin support one unfortunately. :frowning:

1 Like

Ok. Well I appreciate you looking into it anyway. Thanks very much.

Garmin Support is saying this update has been delayed.

5 Likes

I tested this on Friday and I did not get any load calculation for the TR ride even after synching back to my 530

I also don’t get Ray’s Load charts and ride detail in my GC Android 11 app either. A bit of googling yesterday revealed it may be to do with only having an Edge device connected to GC

Edit: Now I know the answer to the 1st part at least after @julianoliver update from GC

1 Like

Garmin must be following TR’s lead and only allowing certain people into the super happy fun beta group. :wink:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Garmin had allocated a personal support crew for @dcrainmaker 's GC account. They must tense up everytime you start playing with a new toy, Ray.

3 Likes

LOL, I asked exactly this question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting, they definitely started to rollout, as lots of people have reported success. Must have paused.

I’ll hit up the team and see what the deal is.

9 Likes

Mine seems to be working but not very well. I can see the TR workouts under the “Exercise Load”. But Garmin has categorised my last TR VO2 Max workout as “Base”. Whereas today’s outdoor ride which was Z2 with a couple of long SS intervals has been categorised as “Tempo” despite me spending very little time in the tempo zone. So I’m thinking the Garmin analysis is very crude and just looks at AP or NP rather than time in zone.

Double check your HR and power zones on Garmin Connect, to see how they match.

My “7 day load” graph is all over the place and doesn’t align with the “Exercise load” graph. None of it really aligns with what I’ve been upto over the last month so I’m guessing the roll-out must’ve gone pear shaped.

It’ll be nice to have such an out front feature on my Fenix 6 actually working. Up until this stage I’ve lumped it in the same basket as the barometer on the Fenix 3. Nice in theory.

(Don’t get me wrong. The day my Fenix 3 died I had a new one the following arvo. I’ll do the same with the 520+ and the Varia RTL515 when the time comes).

I just got a RTL515 last week and love it. It takes a bit of the cognitive load off knowing what is happening behind and I can use a bit more of the road when necessary. The group i ride with like it too, as they feel more aware with my calls or the seeing the change in lights

2 Likes

Agreed. The Varia is awesome.
It’s always seemed a little odd that Garmin nails it with so many products and then fails on a basic feature that most people ignore.
Why bother including it in the first place if it doesn’t work? I suppose some people just buy the product with the longest list of features.

1 Like

Mine is working although I had the reauthorise my connection between TR and Garmin. When I originally set it up I had disabled TR uploading activities to Garmin - once I re-enabled it, everything works fine.

I also confirmed that it works with a TR FIT file which is manually uploaded. I’m using a 1030 and Descent Mk2i. Usually the 1030 is off so I’m assuming the load was calculated on the descent.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: This is a good omen.

1 Like

Keep going Garmin. You’re almost there!

This mornings WO showed up partially in GC. 1hr VO2 with a half hour endurance spin afterwards.

Edit: I take that back. All of the load stat pages are working now!
@dcrainmaker do you know if Garmin are intending to crunch the numbers on previous WO’s?
I’m just wondering if “overreaching” is the new norm for a few weeks or not. I’m so used to seeing “unproductive” and “detraining” that it’s freaking me out.

3 Likes

Good deal, progress be good!

I don’t think they are going backwards for workouts prior to that point (since, I don’t think they get them retroactively).

But yeah, in short, if you don’t have any data in there, then ‘overreaching’ will be the norm for probably a week or so. The algorithm tends to catch-up a lot faster than it used to in the past though.

2 Likes