Garmin Training Status now populates for TrainerRoad workouts

I should have been clearer, you don’t need strava for these segments, they’re segments in garmin’s ecosystem and as such no strava sub is required.

2 Likes

Tested to answer it myself - no the L/R data doesn’t go through and the analytics are still heavily cut down compared to a Garmin recording. I can’t say I liked PowerMatch much either!

Thats a thing of Trainerroad and not Garmin, TR don’t support recording L/R information in their Apps, i am not sure, it’s possible on Apple, but not on Windows or Android!

Thats the thing why i record with my Garmin twice to get the L/R information, i know for most of us it is not mega usefull, but it’s nice to see, when you look on your L/R information in WKO5 or so

2 Likes

I’m going to give it a go tomorrow, but I’m not sure it’s simplifying life after all if we have to turn on and sync our Garmin devices. Then I might as well use the Garmin device for the workout - the syncing just adds another step right?

About freaking time! I think they’re putting a bigger focus on load and status and what not this time around with their newer models

So I tried this out this morning, dual recorded anyway and saved to see if there were any differences in the two files. It does correctly sync load and the primary benefit of the workouts coming from TR, but unfortunately it does NOT provide the Aerobic/Anaerobic Training Effect numbers shown here, which I’m interested in keeping track of for historical data. I’m going to keep dual recording for now.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t you just sync to the Connect app on your phone?

Seems there is a lot of confusion with this, from what I am reading.

All the load data is done ON THE DEVICE, not on the Garmin Connect. The data had to be synced to a Garmin device, the device creates the load data, then sends it back to Connect to be seen.

5 Likes

Ahh. Got it. I wear a Fenix, so I missed the need to turn on your Edge and sync if you don’t have a Garmin watch. Yeah, that’s a pain.

1 Like

Yo! Definitely considering it as a team, and while integration for more devices have a place on the roadmap, we tend to prioritize features and releases that we are confident will be the most impactful at helping the greatest number of athletes get faster right away! (Like Adaptive Training, Workout Alternates, etc!).

4 Likes

Has anyone seen this working yet? (Excluding Ray).

1 Like

I see it in that my TR workouts now show up on my watch (fenix 5) but not sure anything else is happening. I have also been syncing with my edge (830). I did an hour of endurance yesterday and neither of my high aerobic or low aerobic numbers moved.

4 Likes

The Garmin Connect UI is such a rolling garbage fire I don’t even know where I’d find this information. (Is it even on Connect, or is it something you had to create manually). Heck, I’d be happy with the ability to remove the ever-present “Golf” section from the sidebar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not me. I’m using an Edge 520 plus and a forerunner 45 plus.

I took off my forerunner at lunchtime. I did 90mins of Lyell this afternoon using my HRM dual and ipad, so I believe that I should see a bunch of HR and Body Battery data for the Lyell activity quite clearly, but there’s nothing:

1 Like

Me neither! I’m not even sure I could log into Garmin Connect. :roll_eyes: But on my device it’s at menu–>My Stats–>Recovery Advisor. But there is nothing fancy there. Just a recovery time.

1 Like

RE: Edge 520 Plus & FR45

In a nutshell, no. This change is about populating so-called ‘Training Load’ or ‘Training Status’, for which the FR45 & Edge 520 don’t support.

So things like 24x7 HR aren’t covered here (because your FR45 would likely be worn in passive mode anyway, and it’d show up that way).

1 Like

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t get Training Status to show up. I record my TR workouts on the Mac Desktop app. Sync with Garmin is all setup. I see my workouts in Garmin Connect, but no Training Status information on my Fenix 5 Plus. What am I missing?

A couple of things to check:

A) Is Physio True-Up enabled on your Fenix? You can check that on the Garmin app under More > Devices > your Fenix > General > Physio True-Up
B) Has it synced that activity with your Fenix 5 Plus? You can check that by going to history on your Fenix 5 itself, and you should see the ride there in your watches history (which means it pushed the file to the watch for it to calculate load on).

Cheers!

4 Likes

Yes to Physio True-Up being enabled. Yes, I can see all my TR ride history on my Fenix :man_shrugging:

I just did a 90 min SweetSpot ride today and my Fenix says Detraining as the status :frowning:

2 Likes

To be fair, you can still get detraining even whe training.

Next, go look in the Garmin App at the load for that workout: More > Performance Status > Training Status > Load > Excercise Load

And what does it show there for the workout in question (screenshot of that page attached)?

1 Like