Fructose for breakfast

Another good paper:

Results of including fructose for breakfast:

and infographic from Twitter (https://twitter.com/IJSNEMJournal/status/1567991214359646208):

3 Likes

Started listening yesterday…

1 Like

so what you’re saying is my morning oats with fresh fruit and maple syrup is on the right track

10 Likes

Yes, made me smile about my breakfast too!

3 Likes

I actually just switched over to the oats from the all fruit smoothies I would typically have for breakfast because I wondered if the smoothies might be causing an insulin spike and therefore making it tougher for me to lose these last few pounds. I don’t even know if this aligns with science but it seems to follow some of the things I’ve read in the past and so far, I think the switch to oats has been working well for me.

I’m talking everyday breakfast, the weekends are the only time I ride first thing and yeah, on those days, I’m typically trying to pack in as many cal’s as i can before heading out.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. It was just coincidental that this topic came up while I am in the midst of testing a slightly different breakfast to see how I react.

Been doing Bob’s Red Mill European Style Museli with milk, honey, blueberries, strawberries and chia seeds for quite a while. Tastes good and all the goodness for carbs, the euro style has a bit less fiber than some others because it doesn’t have the wheat content. It’s a noticeable difference for me, anyway.

2 Likes

Is this benefit due to training in a ‘fasted’ state, or the extra glucose?

How long is the period of fasting?

Fasted periods of 14-16 hours induce Autophagy, ie, the natural cell replacement process?

I usually train (on a trainer) in the early morning hours. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to eat and wait 2 hours for training session.

What do you suggest for breakfast when there is only half an hour between breakfast and training.
I usually eat white toast with jam or honey + coffee !