Favero Assioma - suddenly become erratic after 18m trouble free use

thanks @kevistraining . Have registered a ticket and will wait to hear from them

Favero have identified an issue in the pedal and are replacing the spindle free of charge. Canā€™t fault the excellent customer service and speed of response. Really impressive. Thanks for flagging the issue on here as I might have assumed it was something else

1 Like

Whilst Iā€™m sure this isnā€™t a common issue Iā€™d advise everyone to take pictures of both pedals while they are working and scratch free - favero never seem to want the faulty pedals back - they just want photos to prove they arenā€™t damaged. Mine had a few scuffs but favero in fairness didnā€™t try to say Iā€™d damaged them.

I looked for this post but wasnā€™t able to find it. Care to help me out here? Have had some issues with large power drift during sessions and just want to know if this has anything to do with it.

Have you got the Uno or duo pedals? If the duo does your left/right balance drift?

Just contact Favero - I really did find them to be very helpful. My replacement sensors are doing fine (and the British winter isnā€™t being particularly kind to them). In my case (OP) I didnā€™t ever have persistent niggly issues or intermittent problems - they worked reliably day in day out until they developed a very obvious issue, and Favero looked after me when they did. If my current pedals vanished overnight I would buy another set without hesitation.

3 Likes

Unos. However, having recently ridden a Wattbike race and just now my old Garmin Vector 2S (single sided) pedals, Iā€™ve seriously started questioning my pair of Assiomas. Iā€™m just clueless what would cause this kind of issue.

Favero support excellent I agree. I would definitely buy assiomas again.

Iā€™ve had mine since January 2019 and last week they developed exactly the same issues as described in the original post. My left right balance was even more skewed (37:63 at its worst).

Favero customer service has been, as always, top notch and the pedals are on their way back to Italy this evening to be checked in the Favero labs.

Overall, they have been brilliant, so hopefully this is just a dodgy batch and once repaired or replaced we donā€™t need to worry about this again

Not for me.

They asked for photos to show no damage but they only fault clues they let on wereā€¦

ā€œI checked as first step the status of your Assioma DUO remotely - when a new ticket is opened and the sensors are connected to the app Favero Assioma we are able to check some internal parameters of the sensors - and I noticed some suspicious values that at the moment are not clear for me.ā€

and after it happened againā€¦

"I am very sorry that the problem happened again and at this point, we must find a fast and definitive solution. I checked again the status of the sensors remotely and unfortunately, I can still see some unusual data in the left one.

At this point, about the solution of the issue, our internal procedure always requires that we have to receive the complete product for some internal checks in order to complete a possible repairing covered by the warranty, anyhow, considering the status of the product and that there are no signs of hits or falls on the pedal, I received in this particular case the authorization, if you agree, to send you a new left spindle with sensor, free of charge, for the substitution of the actual one."

1 Like

Any updates on the cause for these sudden power fluctuations? Iā€™m trying to decide between the Favero Assiomas and the Garmin Vectors and this is the first significant report of issues Iā€™ve seen regarding the Faveros.

@dcrainmaker, any new updates on the issues you were having with your Faveros?

1 Like

ā€¦ Iā€™m lost sorry. What word was I waiting on?

1 Like

@GPLama

:man_facepalming: I intended to tag @dcrainmaker sorry about that. Must be your very similar accents that got me mixed up! :laughing:

Hi

My unoā€™s developed a similar issue over the last 2 weeks. I just opened a ticket so will see what comes of it. Iā€™ve not checked anything out but will compare to my trainer. I figured it might have been my wahoo elemnt bolt and the latest firmware update. My pair are 2 years old. So just out of warranty by 2 weeks .

Fingers crossed it works out for me. But I would buy them again if mine are done for.

1 Like

Update on my issue. Favero identified some unusual and irregular readings from the app. Iā€™ve to send them in to the factory. But Iā€™m just out of warranty 2 weeks out. Has anyone had out of warranty service from favero. What is the likely costs. I know they have a 50 euro service fee but will they offer a discounted replacement?

Thanks

I am sure they will send you replacement for free. Favero is really superb team.

1 Like

I hope so. The pedals are with favero now. I miss outside training with power. At least I have my turbo.

Aaaaah :tired_face: :scream: :triumph: I just changed my assioma duo from one bike to another and they started behaving the same, I wish I had not done it but then it would defeat the purpose of having the power meter in the pedals.
In the past they already replaced the left spindle so I hope their support team can help me out again.
Any one is aware or has a theory about the root cause?
So frustrating they had been flaw less till this happened.

When mine were doing this before I had them replaced they were diffinately worse after I had moved them from outside to inside or vice versa, leading me to think it has something to do with the temperature compensation going haywire. This is just a guess.

1 Like

Today they were working fine it seems, still I will contact Favero explaining the issue to see what they tell me