Favero Assioma - suddenly become erratic after 18m trouble free use

My right pedal also got the same issue after 1 year used. Fortunately Favero provided great technical service and agreed to send a replacement spindle. But just still be curious what kind of root cause to make the right sensor send incorrect power data which Favero never shared it with me.

Favero asked me to send them the pedals and that they promised to ship them back fixed in 10 business days. They are under warranty so only shipping them to Italy is on me.
At least three people I know purchased the pedals after me speaking wonders about them, currently I regret a bit having oversold them in my community since they are less durable than I thought, only their efficient and nice customer service saves them for now.

Hello, iā€™ve got the same issue since 4 weeks with left/right difference over 12%. Iā€™m in contact with the Favero support and i have tried some things wich the support has suggested, but everything without a solution ā€¦

Nice to hear that iā€™m not allone with this problem.

For me they finally asked me to ship them to them so they could repair them free of charge. Maybe you should ask for the same.

1 Like

I bought them at the end of Juli this year, so i think this must be a warranty replacement.

1 Like

Same issue on my pedals. Favero told me both are defective and need replacement.
Seems a weakness of the product as an eletronic/mechanical issue would affect only one. Affecting both looks more like a sistematic product issue. I would not recommend it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve a further update. Favero sent my pedals back quickly. Iā€™ve had no issues. They replaced my left pedal. They have given me no further issue and they done so within warrenty, even though I was just out of warrenty.

I found them very helpful and hopefully get many more years of power.

I have been really happy with my Assiomaā€™s. However last week I put them into travel mode, and after that I started getting 40/60% balance. I tried calibrating with my Garmin a few times and that didnā€™t help.
However, when I did a calibration with the phone application, the balance came back to 50/50. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be contacting support?

Iā€™d just keep an eye on them.

When Iā€™ve had pedals fail itā€™s because my left/right balance drifted over time.

Iā€™d let one instance slide unless you are nearing the end of your warranty and want to log the issue now? Actually, probably no harm in contacting support but be prepared for them just to say they canā€™t see an issue when they check the log files.

1 Like

Thanks, that is good advice. I have 6 months until the warranty runs out, so I will just see how it goes.

How long did the overall process take, i have similar issues and have only just contacted them, but i dont have any other pedals or power meters to put onto my bike.

Mine failed little after the end of warranty. I quit assioma and moved back tƓ crank based power meters

hmmm, maybe you are right that at the time I screwed the pedals into the new bike grabbing by the pod.
Anyways, although I had to pay the shipping of the pedals to Favero, they repaired them, send them back and have been functioning well ever since. I had no complains about the customer service, I was tread really well.

1 Like

Sorry to revive thread. Just wondering if OP resolved the issue.
18 months is pretty good. I got my issues after 1 day of use.
I went out and had 51/49 on a 2 hour ride. Throughout the ride it was 50/50, 51/49 and 49/51.
Just got a kickr bike and wanted to test it against assiomas.
All I get is 55/45 up to 60/40ā€¦
Static test measures the weight within 1% (0.3% and 0.6% close)

Weird thing:
When I stand up, it goes back to 50/50 and stays there until I sit back down
When Kickr Bike is tilted up all the way, it goes back to 50/50

So itā€™s almost like an angle of pressure issue.
Cadence graph shows that where left and right matches (around 00:54 minutes) I stood up and cadence went very low.

I thought maybe it was cadence related but when Iā€™m sitting down and I lower the cadence, discrepancy is still there.

The last clue that convinces me itā€™s not a me problem is the comparison to kickr bike.
If I double Left pedal numbers, it matches kickr bike power.
So the right pedal is the one measuring very low.

Below you can see a 10 minute section at 240 watts. If you double Left pedal, it agrees with Kickr that itā€™s 240. However total of assiomas is only 227.

Iā€™ve never had imbalance issues ever. Had many pedal based power meters. My previous Assiomas had this issue after a few uses as well. Itā€™s frustrating.

Iā€™ve had the same issues
Purchased 2018.
Warranty finished 2020.
First problems appeared March 2021 6 months after warranty finished.

Power becomes 60/40 L/R then it was down to 98/2
I cannot calibrate them any longer and they can for sure not be calibrated whilst in the cold then they go completely baserk and throws errors all the time.

Contacted assioma and they now want me to buy a replacement core which is ā‚¬384 and im pretty upset.
Iā€™ve treated the pedals with the utmost care and now their hardware turns out to be bad.
Im not interested in spending money because of their bad pedals.

Im considering other alternatives. Which ones are ot there?

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard a few people now report issues soon after warranty expires and this thread wouldnā€™t inspire huge confidence in the pedals ability to last a number of years. Itā€™s not good enough really for something so expensive and one can reasonably expect these to last longer than 2.5 years. Nearly 400 euro for replacement is crazy. I recently had an issue with the drive side pedal body (play in it after bearings replaced ) but they sent out a replacement for me. Customer service seems very good but thatā€™s for ā€˜within warrantyā€™ claims and these pedals donā€™t seem to have any sort of reasonable longevity. Itā€™s disappointing. Sincerely hope that if mine develop an issue that it happens within warranty.

Do you know that you can programme the chipsets to stop working.

Garmin is doing the same. Their Heart monitor stops pretty exactly after 2 years. I have had 4 of them. Same time frame and then they stop.

In my case with the Assioma Pedals I had problems from day 1. I paired the pedals then they stopped communicating with my Garmin. In total 20% of my cycle rides over the past 3.5 years have had outage from the communication.

in July 2020, 3 months before the warranty ended I could read the first strange values on the pedals.
2 years and one month on the day the pedals gave completely strange values. They then have not given any sensible data at all.

Assioma Favero and Bikefast GmBH from Germany (bikefast.co.uk) from where I bought them refuse to do it under the consumer act 2015 (not the warranty, please note the difference, you have additional protection under the consumer act)
But be aware of that UK legislation and I think also US legislation give you a Consumer Act 2015 right to recall for replacement or repair of the pedals also if you can show they were malfunctioning after the first 30 days. This is valid up to 6 years.
If you take it to a court for small cases they will give you the right and the cost for the companies is very big. The EU have a similar legislation also
So start filing court cases and you can get them replaced

this is a UK law:

This is more comprehensive:

You can study the law too, which says the same.

Most important you file it to small courts claims

But if they do not agree I am prepared to start blogging about it and making all social media.

You can extend the warranty
https://cycling.favero.com/shop/1-year-warranty-extension