Exporting TR (planned) workouts to intervals.icu

It depends on your trainer. On my Neo, the key is to wind up your speed a few seconds before Erg kicks in. It will start under, in about 3 or 4 seconds ramp over, and then settle down into the target. It usually settles in less than 10 seconds, and then stays “too high” for the first few seconds of the following rest interval. So, the way I think of it, the rest bleeds into the push, which bleeds into the rest, repeat. In the end, each interval doesn’t look perfect, but the point of the workout is achieved.

A lot of other people hate this and just turn off Erg for something like 30/30s. I actually prefer to leave Erg on for these because I go further over and under on my own than I would with Erg.

1 Like

@Pbase thanks, I might try switching off ERG for 30/30s and see how I find it.
So with ERG off, then the bike is in Resistance mode I think? Can resistance mode be altered with the gears on the bike or do you just have to set the resistance mode as a percentage and stick with it for the duration of the workout?

1 Like

It depends on your trainer, but yes, on mine, I use the gears on the bike. If you find you have too much or too little resistance, then use the TR one on the screen to add/remove a bit to dial it in. I’d give it a little try and dial it all in so you don’t end up frustrated chasing numbers and figuring things out in your first hard workout. Good luck!!

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like when you use Erg the way I described. These are 40/20s. Notice how it takes a few seconds to dial in at the beginning of the hard and then holds a few seconds at the beginning of the easy.

1 Like

Cheers for the info, yeah good idea to have a practice spin using Resistance mode before attempting it in a full workout

1 Like