Early Access to iOS Beta: Updated TrainerRoad

Hi @Pete and team,

after using TR on my laptop for the last couple of weeks I was back on my iPhone lately. TR must have taken the localisation info from my iPhone and switched to German. Not to bad but I am going to switch back to English later today. Anyways, I have also seen a couple of screens not translated completely. Please find below the once I have seen.
Sorry :wink:
BUT from my point of view you are providing the best tool I could think of!!! Thanks for that.

IMG_5458 IMG_5461

Uff, that doesn’t look good.

One more thing: in German it is entirely acceptable and from TR’s perspective desirable to not translate Plan Builder, because that’s ™-type term. I’d say this applies to nouns that gets capitalized in English. And if you translate it, you’d definitely do that with care.

On the other hand, base, build and specialty phase IMHO should be translated.

Absolutely, but it is on a good way.

Hi, another new beta user here. I’m also using the app in a different timezone than TR thinks I should be in, so the End Time estimation is wrong.

Why is there no “Career” tab in the app?

Thanks,
Marcus

2 Likes

Is it just me or has TR removed the ability to replace a workout with a variant? This was eminently useful when adapting plans in advance (e. g. to create +1 variants of training plans) as well as in the moment. If this was indeed removed, why was it removed?

4 Likes

Is it possible to use the beta with an ipad?
I installed it on my Phone and it Looks pretty Good, but would prefer the bigger screen…
Greets

The procedure is the same on iOS and IpadOS. Just use the Test Flight link from the first post. I have just enrolled on the beta on my Ipad.

Thanks!

@OreoCookie It was a bug and was only not visible in the last version of the beta. The most current version fixed this bug and variants are available again. :+1:

@mag748 We’re still working on Career and how we show it in the apps. Still a work in progress, but something we are thinking hard about our solutions.

1 Like

Awesome. I’m glad it’ll return. It was one of the best features of the reimagined iOS app.

I’m on version 2020.36.0.91939-beta, running on a 12.9” iPad Pro (2018) and iOS 14.4.

One more small weirdness: today I finished a VO2 max workout (Bluebell +2), and I noticed differences in the target power: my current FTP is 309 W, so the target power was 1.2 x 309 = 370.8 W.

(1) On the work screen, target power was 371 W, which is correct (you need to round up since the value is > 0.5 W).

(2) On the quick summary heads-up overlay after each workout, the target power was 370 W (370 W gets truncated rather than rounded, I assume).

(3) The outlier is the website’s analysis: it claims that my target power was 367 W — and I have no idea how it came to that conclusion.

My power numbers seem unaffected, but it is a bit annoying that in the analysis, I get a different power target. That makes it harder for me to do a quick post-workout analysis. I love hitting my power numbers within +/- 3 W, and now it seems as if my power was more off than it should have been.

We just released another version ! This one had some fixes in it, especially lots of the locale problems people were running into. Thanks again for the feedback, and we’ll keep knocking them out. :fist_right:

Here’s a quick rundown of what was in this latest release.

•	Fixed a problem where the workout list could show an endless spinner
•	Fixed a problem where discarded workouts would show in Calendar
•	Fixed two scenarios where the athlete's locale would be incorrectly assumed
•	Added the server unavailable banner for that error
•	Fixed a problem with account and re-logging in
2 Likes

Variants not here on iPad latest TR version 2020.36.0 (91940) :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s weird - I was just about to report the same thing. But if I click away from calendar to Workouts, then go back to Calendar again, then click a planned workout … the Variants do appear. But I swear they weren’t there when I first tried.

@rizzi @wysbf2

We fixed one variants bug, but there’s another one. :frowning_face:

Right now the most surefire way to access them with 100% reliability is going to be from the full Workouts list. As you mention - they are available in Calendar for some workouts immediately, and will appear for others after you view the full Workouts list

Hopefully we’ll have this fully fixed soon - apologies for any frustration caused!

2 Likes

Has anything changed that would have caused an issue with ‘new powermatch’?

Was doing today’s workout(Log In to TrainerRoad) and after the second ‘over’ things went to pot. It’s was as if it didn’t know what was going on. overs would be well below target and unders would vary wildly from well over to almost 50 watts low. It held the over into the recovery and then continued at the beginning of the second block, then I switched back to ‘Legacy’ power match and it did much better(albeit with the old problems, like overshooting the start of an interval)

1 Like

General question - how long before this is a full release rather than just Beta? Debating whether to install the Beta or wait for the release.

1 Like

Nate said on the latest pod cast that it’s ‘Close’ and that he has no issues telling everyone to run the Beta App. Seemed to make it sound like they were just waiting for some final approvals from apple.

I very much dislike how small the text is when running on my phone compared to the current/old version. It seems like the new version is aesthetically optimized for an iPad. I would love to see an option to enlarge all text.

2 Likes

I did pettit with German instructions.
There are many mistakes!

1 Like