Early Access to iOS Beta: Updated TrainerRoad

Thanks a lot for the update! It is such a fun to participate in the beta!
Yes, now I do see the video, what a relief :sweat_smile:

Keep going strong and keep on exercising for Cape Epic! My bets are on you and @chad

1 Like

Did Haku yesterday. No problems with getting to a low enough resistance on the recovery intervals. Amazing what happens when you take the brakes off!

2 Likes

Used newest version today. The finish time said 12:00 AM. Not a timezone issue, as I ended at 7:32 AM.

Also, still noticing the app is slow to load, slow to go to a workout, slow to sync. And touch feel is still off.

When do you expect this to be rolled out to the non beta version of the app? Hopefully before the 7th of Dec as I have my next ramp then :joy:

I’ve been experiencing some bluetooth connection issues. Here are the symptoms.

1. Wahoo tickr doens’t how in the devices automatically. If I go to pare manually, it will show up, but it takes several minutes for the heart rate to appear. If I go directly to the Wahoo app, it shows the HR data.
  2. The app looses connection with the wahoo kicker. Like in #1 it shows up in the wahoo app. This happens in short drops while pedaling, and will mostly come back in a couple of sections.
  3. The app completely lost connection with the wahoo kicker and wouldn’t reconnect. I had to exit the workout, force quit the app, then restart the workout.

I’m on the latest version of IOS, and all the firmware for the devices is most recent per wahoo app.

1 Like

Hi All,
Would there be anywhere I could go to see release notes for the beta release(s) or are they all contained in this topic I’m replying to? I want to learn/be aware of al the new features to make sure I’m not missing something while beta testing.

Awesome; great to hear this! I lost 15 minutes yesterday trying to pair a Windows PC to three Bluetooth devices with TR just so that I could use the live FTP feature (I will file a support ticket as both of my PCs struggle with this issue). Fortunately, the blue tooth pairing with my iPhone SE on TR is solid. Nice to see the new features coming out now!

All devices dropped out when attempting to change wko intensity. Was not able to reconnect devices, and chose to save and end the wko. Wanted to resume the ride, but the saved file was not available in the app (neither in the desktop app) until 10-15mins later. Using iPhone 11 with latest iOS.

As you can see TR was updating the calendar/ workouts. During that I played around a little bit. As you can see the screen wasn’t 100% clean. Going back by touching Support was not possible either. Swiping worked fine.

Same thing happened twice now: During a workout, I often use my device to send some e-mails etc - so don’t stay in the app. Usually when going back it’s all fine and it ran in the background, but now already twice when going back to the app it restarts it (get the red screen and it opens as if it is the first time). My workout is still saved, but of course not finished… Luckily I only do this for endurance rides, so I can quickly find another shorter endurance workout to fill the remaining time, but annoying nonetheless…

It’s a beta and bugs are to be expected.

Indeed - that’s why we all write up here what doesn’t go well for the TR team to read.

1 Like

Absolutely, but theres no point in letting it annoy you.

Using TestFlight’s newer “auto update” feature and I think I’m on latest (2020.36.0.91927-Beta)

I had Bald Knob scheduled and loaded it up and completed it this morning.

Syncing Message During Workout - it’s back?

A little while back I noticed the “syncing” message on top during my whole workout - I think this was acknowledged and noted as fixed, however it was there for my whole workout again this morning on this version.

Workout Sync (web / partners)

I generally record my workouts simultaneously with my Edge 530, but I want my TR sync’d ride on Strava (with picture and name, etc) so I wait until Strava notifies me of a new ride before I formally save my Garmin. This seems to take longer and longer with the beta versions. In the standard app I think I saw notification from Strava within 10-15 seconds of it completing, but this time it was probably minutes.

During these minutes I spent time manually checking if Strava had the ride (it didn’t), if TR showed the workout as complete on the web site - it didn’t at first, but somewhere during my attempts it showed as processing. Also in the middle of this I re-opened the app and it showed today with nothing scheduled (and nothing completed) which was also weird.

Note, I feel like the above experiments by me were also with some level of patience, I didn’t merely close out of TR right after the ride and start poking. I generally waited until it seemed happy, waited some more, switched to other app / browser, back to TR, waited, killed TR, relaunched TR, waited…

Eventually things look correct, although I had given up on my TR sync to Strava so I saved my Garmin and walked away (it seems Strava added my TR photo to my Garmin activity now, but otherwise my Strava activity looks like a Garmin upload based on device, workout name, etc).

(Above comments all with iOS 14.2 on an iPhone Xr).

iPad - intensity adjustment jumpy

I never noted this yet, so maybe it’s been fixed, but since I am here I thought I’d quickly mention. I was using my iPad for a ride last week (or so) and wanted to increase the intensity slightly. I quickly and gently tapped the “+” to increase by 1%, but it jumped to 103 or 104. I thought it was weird to tried to play with the “+” and “-” a little more. It acted really strange in that often (most times) it went multiple steps, but sometimes didn’t. I couldn’t find a clear pattern or press method that made it act consistently. Even my attempts at the quickest gentle tap caused more than 1% changes.

Glad to see the FTP estimate in the app now, have a test next week to try it out.

This is the second version that doesn’t recognize my Garmin speed, cadence, and HR sensors. I have to delete and reload the commercial version. Wasting valuable workout time. But I assumed this latest update would have addressed that basic function.

Serious question - what is the point of the ‘Syncing - please hang tight’ banner? I’m asking because I can’t really correlate anything I’m doing in the app with the appearance of the banner - and I’d be surprised if workout definitions etc are being updated on the TR side that often and needing to be pushed afresh to my iPad.

If the sync needs to happen, can’t it be done on a background thread without me having to know about it? And if I really shouldn’t be interacting with the app while the spinner is there (for stability reasons), then … well, the app should stop me actually doing stuff.

4 Likes

That banner is going away. We just discussed it in a meeting a couple hours ago.

5 Likes

Some workouts showing on the wrong day. I did the ramp on Wednesday.

1 Like

Lost workout. ipad. latest iOS.

Here is the chain of events.

1. started mcaide +1
  2. completed the warm up and the first major interval.
  3. started the second major interval and just couldn’t. So it seems like i’ve been completing fewer and fewer of the blasted over unders over the weeks, so maybe I have my ftp wrong or I haven’t done a spin down in a while.
  4. completed a spin down.
  5. completed the ramp test
  6. ramp test shows up on my calendar
  7. mccaide doens’t.
1 Like

There seem to be a bug in the 2020.36.1 (91927) TrainerRoad beta build. I switched from using the Elite Direto for power and cadence to using my Garmin Vector 3 pedals. As I started the workout my cadence would increase as I spun up to speed but I would pass some point (I couldn’t figure out what the threshold was) and the cadence field would jump to show 255 and stick there. I tried the beta build on my iPhone and iPad and got the same results. I downgraded to the non-beta build and was not able to reproduce the issue there but I miss all the awesome new features in the beta build.

The new TrainerRoad iOS beta app and it is wonderful! The support for split view is fantastic, now I can have Spotify in a 1/3 of the screen and TrainerRoad in the other 2/3. Absolutely wonderful! Now I just wish the F1 TV app would support split view! :grin: Showing the time that the workout will end is a really nice touch too. Especially helpful when family members come peak at my progress to know when I’ll be done.

1 Like