Cycling Memes and Jokes

The wife was audited. She freaked out. It turns out our accountant put some money she got in the wrong column. ‘An honest mistake’ that they wouldn’t cover, but wrote off on that years taxes. It wasn’t a huge amount at the time, but the interest made it quite a bit larger. The fear is real, but the insanely rich have people to deal with that inconvenience. They write off penalties. If you don’t fear the punishment, why be afraid to cheat? I wish it was a joke, but I’m done. No more on this subject.

I did ask our accountant if I could write off my bikes because they were an ‘medical treatment not covered by our health insurance’. He laughed. 'You would need a prescription for them, and a known medical condition they treat, and they would likely say ‘Nice try, here’s your fine!’. At least I tried…

The IRS has no sense of humor…

6 Likes

HAH!!!

My wife said I have a ‘bike problem’ with the many I have, but now she has three! So the way to end those arguments is to get her a few too. It works!

4 Likes

I just bought my wife the most expensive bike in our home. Granted, she now has 2 and I have 5…but I’m sure I could use it as an excuse to buy another…I just can’t come up with an N+1 that I need! Maybe a new guitar…

6 Likes

I get the joke. Its is actually very funny.

For the IRS is much cheaper to come for the little guy than go for the guy with money to throw for legal defense. They dont have the resources and money, so they use the might vs the commoners like us.

Ben Franklin said it best:

78 Likes

What kind of bikes are you selling that you’re going to pop up on their radar?

9 Likes

Is the bike stand gold as well?

Isn’t there some way of classifying a new bike as a company vehicle for tax purposes? And maybe you’d have to ride past work at least once a year…

Wow, you are going from one notorious ‘N+1’ sport, to another notorious ‘N+1’ hobby.

But STAY FOCUSED!!

You NEED that/those new bikes, carbon wheels, 3d printed seat, 12-speed upgrade, new carbon shoes, more bibs, more jerseys, and more: SOCKS!! Helmets!! Sun glasses!! The 1040 Solar!! You have responsibilities to live out our fantasies so we have to follow!! ‘Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.’

And be sure to tell everyone about your new acquisitions! ‘Please come back. You have nothing to be afraid of.’

2 Likes

I’d need CPR the first time it threw a chain! OMG!! :dizzy_face: :skull: :ghost:

Poof…

Seemingly every bike listed online everywhere. I keep looking for a lightly used gravel bike but my feed is full of $10k+ road bikes. Some of the prices are absolutely absurd. What’s great about this picture is it represents what a lot of people are selling, too - rim brake, metal frame (not carbon fiber), 2x10 mechanical, metal non-aero wheels, etc. - for ridiculous prices.

3 Likes

Did someone say metric system?

9 Likes

Man Looking Around GIFs | Tenor

10 Likes

25 Likes

27 Likes

stolen from FB

54 Likes

Nahh.
I associate Nate with Popeye (high carbs but still with some protein & fat)
and Ivy with pure sugar as per this pict from this very thread

10 Likes

37 Likes

It’s that time of year when some of my favorite routes get tarred and graveled. They are awful for a few weeks until the loose stone settles in.

21 Likes

Ohio had lots of that and man there is a sweet spot of traction for a month