Cycling Memes and Jokes

Dang… TDF, Zwift, TR and playing poker all at once? You’re really cramming stuff in!

9 Likes

41 Likes

I get bored easily :joy::joy:

1 Like

Easy to get mixed up. I was on a ride last year where I passed an excavator on the side of the road and thought to myself “oh zwift must be planning a route extention” - because thats what that usually means when you see that while in watopia… but i was on a real life ride in the peak district, UK…

10 Likes

Needless criticism of someone who is obviously doing exceptionally well on a vegan diet

why?

What was also running on your phone?

My phone is running the zwift companion app :crazy_face:.
If you guys notice, I’m multitasking poker. Playing on 3 different tables. Of all the things I do, I’m exceptional at poker and can do it sleeping.

I mostly leave my phone free because i get calls and texts from work.

1 Like

I think it’s time you switched to rollers…

13 Likes

Lol. Then I have to watch out for real furniture!

2 Likes

47 Likes

So well done! Your work?

34 Likes

:trophy:

1 Like

53 Likes

Congrats to TR on its first TdF stage win!

yes i know he’s on ISN now, if you have a photo this perfect with ISN kit you can make a better one

29 Likes

20 Likes

I thought he had said “He’s got balls, hasn’t he?” Googled “Taking the piss” after to determine what that phrase is supposed to even mean lol.
Big fan of Tom but don’t understand half the stuff he says in interviews… For example also had to google the term ‘Numpty’ due to Tom.

6 Likes

The phrases “Two nations divided by a common language” and “lost in translation” come to mind.

Tom’s from Yorkshire in northern England so you’ve local vernacular (and possibly accent) to deal with as well but “Taking the piss” and “Numpty” are commonly understood phrases/terms in the UK.

Going the other way I’d never heard the phrase “rolling coal” until the thread about that incident in Texas where a kid in an SUV/truck injured a number of cyclists.

13 Likes

I know “rolling coal” to mean what that kid did. Jonathan (TR) also seems to use it to mean riding the bicycle hard or something like that. I’d never heard that before.

1 Like

Have you heard the saying taking the Mickey out of someone? Much the same.

2 Likes