Connection with Zwift / Garmin

Hi there!
I am doing nearly all of my training on Zwift and want to keep it that way.

1. Is there an option to auto import the training into Zwift? If not how do other Zwift/TR users do it?
  2. Can you connect your data with Garmin to use the data from the Venu 3 smartwatch and the Index Scale?
    Thanks
    Georg

I believe there is no way to upload fit files into Zwift. If you didn’t record the ride in Zwift, it will not be in your activity feed.

I’m assuming those users record in both TR and Zwift at the same time??? I’m curious to know as well.

Point 1. I very much doubt you can import TR workouts in to Zwift. I train using TR but ride in Zwift with TR controlling the resistance, works well.

TR on iPad and Zwift on Apple TV

1. No, there is no integration between TR and Z. Here are many options people use to run both together.
1 Like

Thanks for the links. It’s unfortunate that you need such workarounds and Zwift is not more open to let apps like Trainerroad via an API directly transfer data.

You can add your “vote” via comments in the open feature request.

I’m pretty sure it’s the other way around. Lots of apps will send workouts to TrainingPeaks which will then send it to Zwift. TR chooses not to do this.

There is a way to do this but it takes a bit of time. You need to go through your workout steps one by one on TrainerRoad and copy them to create a workout on Intervals.icu. There, once you have created the workout, you save it and download it with a .zwo extension. You copy this file to the appropriate folder on your PC with your workouts (you’ll find instructions on the internet on where to look for this) and when you turn on Zwift you’ll have it available to select and ride. I do this myself and everything works.

Correction: TR has given a green light to recreating workouts for personal use if you are an active subscriber.

1 Like

I think item C isn’t really a smoking gun, here … :

• Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means

Is rebuilding a workout in Zwift for your own personal use (while you have an active subscription) “automated, unethical, or unconventional”? Probably not. But Item E is a smoking gun:

• Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.

Are Nate and Jonathan going to kick your door down and drag you off of your trainer while guys in black suits take pictures of your pain cave TV showing Petit on the screen? Probably not? I dunno what the travel budget is, over there at TR HQ, though.

But, yeah, we probably shouldn’t be actively discussing how to recreate TR workouts on a different platform. The tools are out there, and it probably happens a fair amount, but I remember Nate talking on an early podcast about how people would convert the entire TR workout library to some other format and throw it up on a torrent hub, so they would have to do Cease & Desist notices and go through hoops to have it taken down.

It is probably safe to say that a) the tools to recreate workouts are out there and can be found with a minimum of searching, but b) it is 100% against the wishes of our Gracious Hosts to do this, and c) we probably shouldn’t be encouraging others to do so on TR’s forums.

All that being said, though, I really do wish that Zwift and TR could do some sort of partnership because doing 3x20m of Sweet Spot while staring at blue bars on my TV is just mind-numbing.

No, I don’t know why I had to say all this, either. But maybe we should let the thread die, because it’s probably going to get locked.

I agree with everything you said, but there’s absolutely no reason not to go create your own 3x20 SS workout on Zwift.

1 Like

You fool! What have you done, quick lock your door before Nate g-- (deafening noise of Nate crashing through Pbase’s wall, weilding a bat with “Cease & Desist” )

1 Like

For the record, I didn’t say “copy the TR workout”, just there’s nothing proprietary about 3x20 @ SS.

2 Likes

Just run them both at the same time. I have a super simple setup.

• TR on iPad
  • Zwift on AppleTV

Start TR on iPad, load workout
Start Zwift on AppleTV, make sure that “resistance” is not connected (this let’s TR control the trainer)

Pick your route in Zwift and start pedaling.

1 Like

i’ll concur with thoughts above that there’s nothing proprietary about a 3x20 sweet spot workout. in the past I’d sub in workouts with just straight intervals, there really isn’t that much value in workouts that ramp up and down, and for endurance I’ll just go on zwift and do a flat route at whatever rpe i’m feeling that day. in my case, i eventually did my own thing so much that TR was nothing more than a workout player, and without erg ended up being a redudant sub.

1 Like

So many legal experts :joy:

and

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks for the refresher. It’s been over 3 years since Ivy’s post and I clearly forgot it (despite having it bookmarked for future reference, DOH!)

ETA: @ZackeryWeimer I do think it would be helpful it TR updated their T&C to state what is covered in the not by Ivy above. As it sits now, I think they are not clear about the acceptable duplication in the forum post and it should not require someone to use the forum for clarity that could be right on the same page.

2 Likes

You question my legal bona fides?!

Yeah, that’s a great clarification by Ivy. Thank you!

2 Likes