I would greatly appreciate advise on how to combine indoor football (or similar sport for that matter) with a mid(-ish) TR plan. I do indoor fotball on fixed times on Tuesdays and Sundays and I have tried combining a tough TR workout the same day as my football training and it really does not work. Either a bad fotball session or a bad TR workout. I need both my head and legs rested for the football… it is tough sessions!
I do not think I can handle TSS/lack of rest days from a full Mid plan combined with the football, but I am not satisfied with my current FTP progress so I need advises or feedback if I am on the wrong track. I aim for 4W/kg (currently at 3,5) and below is an example of a training week. It is a lesser version of SSB II Mid vol. (removed 2hour Sweet spot on Sunday, added Sweet spot 1 hour on Monday)
- Monday: 60min (Sweet spot, Ericsson)
- Tuesday: 60 min (easier, petit) + 60 min fotball
- Wednesday: 60min (VO2, Mills)
- Thursday: 60min (Threshold, Jepson)
- Friday: rest day
- Saturday: 90-120min TR (Over/Under, Carpathian Peak +3)
- Sunday: 90min fotball
How would you do it? If I want to faster progress, would you advise any of the below?
- Keep as is?
- Take a rest day on Monday and focus on better recovery?
- Add more V02MAX? (If so witch workout to remove/change?)
Anyone else struggling with the same dilemma of combining 2 sports at the same time? How would you combine TR with your other workout sessions?