CEO and Racer Nate. Cat 5 to Cat 3!

That is completely freaking ridiculous, Nate. How long did it take you to get to that point? Seriously, I’m green with envy :scream:

1 Like

Well done Nate! And a good lesson for all those w/kg obsessed new racers. Wattage is king on everything but a seriously hilly parcours.

Meh. Just think, all the time Nate has to spend eating you can spend training! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As a newer TR user (2 weeks left in my first SSB1&2MV series) I think it’d be really cool for you to do some sort of ‘case study’ on your cycling progression that broke down your progress/setbacks over the years.

Sidenote: Being a Sacramento local, swung by the crit yesterday to say hi and check it out, but daughter was cold and tired from her morning soccer match and not in the mood to walk around land park. Maybe catch you guys next time. Still not sure if I’ll ever do any racing, but who knows, you guys make it sound fun. I also said I’d never be caught dead in lycra and drop bars and now I’m that ‘mountain biker’ spending 99% of my time on a road bike in tight fitting diaper shorts. Life is funny like that.

5 Likes

I wonder if he used some sort of power-based training app to get those gains? :thinking:

14 Likes

:call_me_hand::100: serious progress !

… and 6th place at Bariani road race today, congrats!

Looking forward to video analysis on both races!

I see what you did there, sir :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My point was that I seriously doubt, even with religious adherence to TR, I’d be able to more than double my “off the couch” FTP. Still, if Nate’s been at it for 3 or 4 years, then that gives me a little hope. Not much, but a little.

Or put all your energy into mastering your blocking skillz.

Then you only have to have enough power to get in front of Nate once. :wink:

2 Likes

I think I would try and find Nates wheel and follow him around like a lost puppy at this point. Always near the front, 6’ 7”, goes for ‘long bomb’ sprints as opposed to explosive blasts. Sounds like a great lead out. If I had the power to hold him of course.

1 Like

Not sure, but my career is public at - TrainerRoad

1 Like

Tough one! It was so wet and muddy that I’m not sure there will be good footage.

Sssshhhhhhh!!! :shushing_face:

As soon as the weather gets better I’m going to work on my snap; it’s a weakness at the moment.

Yeah @Nate_Pearson :facepunch: Congrats on the upgrade!

Very Impressive Nate!!! Keep it up. Because of You I am going to try cat 5 racing for the first time this year at age 50. I will not make videos!!! lol

3 Likes

same here :+1: another #teamNate member

I’ve been working on fixing a knee issue, and fitness is down as a result. Knew going in that at current fitness there was a high probability of getting dropped (yup, all 3 races), but that is just firing me up to get more serious about training consistently and regain the fitness I know is required to compete the entire race. I’ve been there once, two years ago, and will get back there and move up to cat4 and start riding masters 35+, 45+, and 55+.

4 Likes

Yaaaahhh!! You can do it!

1 Like

Coming down to SDSR with Brandon this year, @Nate_Pearson?

No, I’ll be out of town.

3rd at Winchester! And second place to one of our Wed night riders.

1 Like