Calendar Update: Calendar Export!

Showing up on my google calendar in firefox on my PC but not going to my android phone? Did I miss something?

Here is how to get it to work on iPhone.
On desktop go to account–>calendar setup–> click on apple → click on Manually add your calendar (see highlight below)

Now go to your iPhone–>setting–>passwords&accounts–>Add Account–>other–>Add subscribed calendar and type exactly the url you have on your desktop starting with webcal://api.trainerroad.com:80…

Voila!

1 Like

Saw the popup on my calendar today. Linked it easily. Adjusted calendar name and color in GCal. Perfect! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks to the team for getting this done. You’ve made my week.

1 Like

I have added the TrainerRoad calendar to my Google calendar, and the events associated with training plans show up perfectly. But if I add an event to my TR calendar manually (either a TrainerRoad workout or “other activity”) it is not showing up in my Google calendar even after waiting 24 hours.

Awesome this works great with my Apple calendar thank you v much guys. Now just enable upload from Garmin / Strava and my world will be complete, until something else comes to mind. :wink:

Any chance we could have the ability to change the workouts from full day events to specific times in google calendar?

I would love to be a able to schedule them to specific times instead of full day events. Currently they are locked down and can’t be rescheduled to specific times without duplicating the workout.

1 Like

They asked the group the question of whether exact time was needed/preferred. If ‘Yes’, that would have delayed the introduction of the sync’d calendar feature. So, we got this up front (full day), but I think they plan to add the precise time in the future.

2 Likes

I hope that is optional as the present method suits me fine. I am not always sure of when I will do a session.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for your response. I’ll keep my eye out for this feature in the future.

1 Like

thank you for shipping this! my most desired feature on the calendar app. :wink:

Well done TrainerRoad… Yet again! :facepunch:t3:

Fantastic job. I will be doing this tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to this.

Fabulous and so easy to set-up!!

Thought I would share my experience with the calendar sync. I wasn’t planning on using it because I didn’t want to clutter up my (Apple) calendar, but I decided to use it in the Google Calendar instead. I downloaded the Google app to my iPhone and got it synced up without any problems. All good - nice and easy.

I then went into TR and made a couple of changes to my calendar. After reading about the delay in getting the Google Calendar synced, I waited … and waited … and waited until the next day. Still nothing so decided to scrap it in Google and just load it into the Apple Calendar. Now I don’t have any problems with getting any changes made in the TR Calendar to sync up with my Apple Calendar. It only takes a few seconds so I’m happy about that.

Not sure what’s going on with Google and their syncing - doesn’t matter to me anymore as it’s one less frustration to worry about in my first world problem list. :nerd_face:

I like the new functionality. I like being able to pull up the calendar quickly to see the description of the workout planned for that day. I even took a quick look while doing today’s workout to remind myself about the details of the workout ahead of me.

Nice job!

Well done @Nate_Pearson and team,

gr8 start to the year.

G

1 Like

Yes! Big step forward in functionality. Love it!

:grinning:

Yes. We’re doing some updates to the apps. After those are out deep linking like you mentioned is on the list.

This is on the backlog to implement. It will take us a while but we’ll do this too.

1 Like

Utterly utterly awesome! The love keeps on coming from you guys.

I have been using Google Calendar for years now for work and play. It has never been perfect but I have been too lazy to switch over. You know the rut you get stuck in? Better the devil you know etc?

Well, finally after changes I made on my TR calendar not syncing through to Google, I have finally made the jump to Apple Calendar. It syncs within seconds and is reliable. So long Google.

Hello the awesomeness that is TR and Apple. :metal:

2 Likes