During our time at Sea Otter, @Jonathan sat down with each member of the Stans-Pivot Pro Team p/b Maxxis to discuss their pre-race routines and ask some of the questions you submitted for them.
Rose Grant is a 4x national champion, multi-time Epic Rides champion, and a previous USA World Championships team member. She lives and trains in Whitefish, MT and manages to be a world-class contender while balancing the responsibilities of motherhood. Rose’s experience at the pointy-end of some off the biggest XC races in the world, and her experience of returning from a string of devastating injuries gives her an entirely unique perspective that we can all learn from. Enjoy!
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Rose’s favorite pre-race dinner
- Managing sleep as a professional athlete and a parent
- Race day morning routine
- What Rose eats for breakfast on race morning
- Ride or Drive to the race venue?
- Rose’s warmup routine
- How long should you warm up?
- Getting "in the zone"
- What Rose looks for when she pre-rides a course
- What music Rose listens to to get in the racing headspace
- Rose's Sea Otter race recap
- Where is Rose's favorite place to ride
- What Rose indulges in after a successful day on the bike
- Baking and Biking - how to balance training and indulgence
- How to deal with injury mentally and physically
- Balancing training, racing, and family
- What Rose wishes she did early on in her race career
We hope you enjoyed these interviews with the Stan’s Pivot Pro Team, and if you have any questions for Rose regarding her approach to training, racing, equipment, nutrition, etc., reply below!