During our time at Sea Otter, I sat down with each member of the Stans-Pivot Pro Team p/b Maxxis to discuss their pre-race routines and ask some of the questions you submitted for them.
First up is team owner and bonafide MTB legend, Chloe Woodruff! Chloe is an Olympian, multi-time National Champion and bonafide legend in the cross-country mountain biking space. As the owner and manager of the Stans-Pivot Pro Team, she has a unique perspective and set of responsibilities that provide a ton of learning opportunities for us.
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Chloe’s pre-race dinner of choice
- How to get better sleep the night before a race
- Chloe’s morning routine
- Best pre-race breakfast
- Pre-Race warmup routines
- Pre-riding tips
- Why you should practice your starts
- Mental tips to “get in the zone”
- How Chloe balanced training and studying at university
- Chloe’s favorite places to ride
- Chloe’s favorite post-win indulgence
- The one thing Chloe wishes she did more of in her early years as a pro
Stay tuned for the other three interviews over the next three days, and if you have any questions for Chloe regarding her approach to training, racing, equipment, nutrition, etc., reply below!