Another thread about leg hair

I have three long fondos that I’m treating almost like time trials, so I’m figuring why not go all in and de-fur the guns. Essentially I have a 100m, 150m, and 200m ride all within five weeks, so that’s a short amount of time to be hairless, I’ll try it out. What’s your favorite method for hair removal?

• Never removed hair
  • Shave
  • Wax
  • Nair/Veet/depilatory cream
  • Epilators
  • Permanent method (i.e. electrolysis or laser)
  • Other

0 voters

I voted other. I use my clippers to strip it back to the shortest possible stubble. Shaving is easy from that point, if you want to, but I can’t believe there is an aero penalty at that level.

11 Likes

I clipper first, then usually shave to skin for races. Gillette Venus razor, Aveeno cream FTW.

3 Likes

I shaved my legs for the first time ever a few weeks back. As others have said, I used clippers to remove most of the hair. I then exfoliated (pro tip from the good lady wife) and went to work with a fresh razor. Nice and simple and I can go for a week before I need to run the razor over again.

1 Like

Shave every day - it really goes a lot faster than letting it accumulate for a few days or a week. Once you get good at it only adds 90 seconds to your shower routine. Advice from an old GF who complained about my long showers on Fridays (the only day I shaved my legs at the time).

I stop after my last race of the season and let it grow for the five or so months between races

2 Likes

Got online and made my own Sugar wax, with water, sugar, and a bit of lemon juice. Took about 2 beers and 30 minutes to get both legs done… Did not have to touch them again for a little over 3 weeks.

2 Likes

First time I used an epilator I thought about throwing it in the garbage after 5 seconds of use. After toughing through the first round it’s so nice to have barely any hair grow

2 Likes

With a your longest ride being 200m I do not think that it makes a difference …

Edit: it just stuck me that m probably stands for miles not meters :slight_smile:

5 Likes

‘Merica! :rofl:

1 Like

I would totally sign up for a 200meter race :joy:

1 Like

Isn’t that the track?

1 Like

Flying 200m is a standard seeding race for the match sprints on the track… looks like you have a reason for a new bike :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t understand. If you’re doing it weekly, isn’t it just shaving either way?

Not being sarcastic. Trying to understand your comment about shaving 7x being faster than shaving once or twice.

2 Likes

For me - the longer hair takes much longer to shave and I have to be much more thorough to get a close shave if I put it off

2 Likes

If its been more than about 2 weeks since the last time I shaved, I’ll run over it with clippers first. Then shaving with a basic cartridge razor.

1 Like

This. I use a Gillette Fusion though.

Wife recently switched from Aveeno to Flamingo gel. I’m a believer.

1 Like

Flamingo gel. Huh. Never heard of it.

Yeah, me neither till my wife brought it home the other week.

Bar soap and a razor, every two weeks.

1 Like

My leg hair is so spotty (I also can’t grow facial hair, in case you were wondering) that I can’t really do anything but a razor.

1 Like