Another thread about leg hair

first i trim it down with a chain saw, then lube up with motor oil (10w30 is my preference) and use a lawn mower blade to shave, then buff it out with a 200 grit grinder wheel, finally, liberally apply your favorite carnauba wax for perfect legs every time.

On a more serious note, i just shave as its easier than other stuff like waxing or veet or something and I have a razor around. I trim down with clippers then shave.

3 Likes

There’s a video online of two old Scandinavian guys using fire remove their body hair. I wanted to post it as a response to your comment, but googling “old Scandinavians guys burning body hair” led down a road I wasn’t ready to travel on a Sunday. So you’ll just need to imagine instead, lol.

4 Likes

I grab the clippers periodically since I’m fairly hairy and dealing with road rash + hair sucks horribly, and, well, I just don’t like looking like a Wookie through the summer.

That said, if you’re looking for permanent solutions - those Tria lasers work amazingly well. Bought one for wife who was sick of shaving her legs/bikini line and after a few months of once a week use, hair was just gone. I tried it on my neckline where I get ingrown hairs/irritation and it stings to use (like a rubber band snapped against the skin), but sure enough, got rid of the neck beard and it never came back. So, if you’re looking for long term solutions and willing to suffer a little pain, it seems highly effective (we both have dark hair, medium/olive complexion).

2 Likes

Here is my workflow:

1. Exfoliate. Helps prevent ingrown hairs post-shave.
  2. Clip using a Philips Bodygroomer
  3. Shave diagonally starting from ankle to knees (or higher if you wish) - both diagonal directions, apply shaving cream both times. I have some leftover Dollar Shave Club 5-blade razors for this. If you shave straight, then it’s not as efficient.

Shaving cream is EoS - Evolution of Smooth. 3-blade razors like Mach3 don’t work, and it’s best if you use a different razor for your legs than the one for your face.

I picked up tips from my sis for this.

1 Like