Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Hey @IvyAudrain I’m only riding outside recording on Garmin using mostly structured workouts from TrainingPeaks (RideSync to TR Calendar). I have no plans to use Plan Builder or setup the trainer in garage or do a ramp test. Was accepted into the beta yesterday, and unsurprisingly my progression levels are all 1.0. Patiently waiting to see what happens… Hoping my beta status will be put to good use!

Assuming that TR AT actually read your workout results as imported, and updated your Progression Levels, what are you expecting AT to do or offer for your situation (external coach, prescribing custom workouts via TP)?

Without applying a TR Training Plan to your TR Calendar, I just don’t know what AT offers. Even if you can see your Progression Levels, the fact that all your workouts are external to TR seems to somewhat dull the impact. Perhaps seeing jumps in PL from the completed workouts becomes a new metric for tracking fitness?

I am curious what you see as the use/impact of AT in your very non-TR focused situation.

7 Likes

My only expectation is progression level updating.

That’s perfectly fine! You dont have to do a ramp test, nor should you feel you have to change your protocol. Adaptive Training just isn’t accounting for unstructured outside rides imported from Garmin, yet.

Adaptive Training is meant to be used in conjunction with Plan Builder, however. For you, its definitely fine to just use it as a tool of visibility to your levels and progressions, but it wont be recommending adaptations without a plan and knowing what levels/systems you’re working towards improving (which is ultimately the purpose PB serves). Cheers!

6 Likes

thanks, my only confusion was seeing all levels at 1.0 and this morning’s new “No adaptations required”

but now I get it.

By the way a lot of nice updates to the website! For example the new Career webpage is really sweet!

3 Likes

Get faster but make it :sparkles:pretty:sparkles: haha. Glad you’re digging it!!

6 Likes

Woohoo, finally getting some recognition for outside workouts! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Got adaptations on my swim and run today - wasn’t expecting that. Well done TR :+1: @IvyAudrain

6 Likes

you are sure, i am on AT Beta since yesterday and i use an external Duathlon Plan via Training Peaks and it looks like the Adaption is working for the workouts imported from Training Peaks too?

So it sayed me, for today workout there is no adaption necessary, but the logic himself looks working! :nerd_face:

That is outstanding… How did you record the swim? Time or time and distance??

1 Like

is there hidden, a little bit secretly beta group we don’t know that can import swimming or running sessions? :eyes:

2 Likes

Did that happen after a bike workout?

Are we there yet?

1 Like

@IvyAudrain Do races get included in the progression levels (When in the AT beta)?

I have a 50mTT this weekend and a number of other TTs coming up. Last 50mTT was at 200W average for a 225W FTp for just over 2 hrs, so I would assume that might affect my Sweet spot setting.

…or are they simply another outside ride and ignored for adaptions and progression levels (They are recorded on my garmin).

PS Delighted (and surprised) to be in the beta now. Thanks

1 Like

No not imported, not that exciting - manually recorded :slight_smile:

I mark the workouts complete, then edit the time, distance, TSS and notes and save.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t train the last two days so I had missed a swim bik and run and just opened the calendar on the web interface this morning. It said adaptations pending and suggested shortening my swim and run.

2 Likes

I would assume they aren’t treated any different from other outside rides that are unstructured, and therefore won’t provide credit to your levels yet.

1 Like

1000 posts! Man, did AT get us excited or what? Seems like the add rate is going up. I know multiple people who all just got added.

I got in yesterday, right before I go on a long outside streak. :rofl:

1 Like

Got some love during the outside workout today. No manual adjustments or anything. Fantastic!

4 Likes