7 week build?!?!

I’ve gone through plan builder with the target event being my state CX race in mid-December. With the current lockdown situation, I have some extra time to train, so I’ve just finished Sweetspot Base High Volume I. As many others have said, it was A LOT but I managed my way through it.

Now plan builder has me doing 2 weeks of high volume build before going into 5 weeks of Sweetspot Base High Volume II for 7 consecutive weeks of loading. This seems… nuts. Does anyone have a reason why this is less nuts than I think it is?

TIA

It’s all based on your volume setting and the fact your A race is MANY months out. PB did what it’s programmed to do to fill the gap. You are free to follow or ignore and modify as needed.

I mean, I get that it’s the programming. My question is whether this seems sane to others. 7 straight weeks of building seems like a recipe for failure, but I’m willing to try it, I guess.

Are you saying there are 7 weeks without a recovery week? Ouch!
Contact support and let them know so they can look into it.

1 Like

follow your intuition, 7 weeks is A LOT!!!

Brendan

Yeah, that’s what I thought. There are some labelled weeks from plans I’ve deleted and such hanging around my calendar and I wonder if that’s messing with Plan Builder. I opened a support ticket to try to get rid of those and get this sorted out so we’ll see if that helps.