Giant Factory Racing’s Eliot Jackson joins us to break down what makes pro Downhill racers unique and how average cyclists can learn from them, as well as a discussion on his Grow Cycling Foundation and how we can support them to make cycling more inclusive.
Donate to Grow Cycling Foundation here and help them make cycling more inclusive.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Eliot Jackson’s background in motocross
- How Eliot made such a quick progression in mountain biking
- Bike setup tips from Eliot Jackson
- Beginner mistakes from a pro DH racer
- Why bike / body separation is so important
- How to turn a mountain bike
- What mountain bike and road bike handling have in common
- What sets apart the best mountain bikers in the world
- Manage risk on the bike
- How to build confidence in your bike handling
- Why pro riders can process everything at such high speed
- How to train for downhill mtb racing
- How to memorize a course
- How to race if you are having to ride a course blind
- How to mentally recover from a mid-race mistake
- What is Grow Cycling Foundation?
- What motivated Eliot Jackson to found Grow
- Grow Cycling Foundation’s fundraiser for the VeloSolutions pump track in Los Angeles, CA
- How can you make cycling more inclusive?
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.