Giant Factory Racing’s Eliot Jackson joins us to break down what makes pro Downhill racers unique and how average cyclists can learn from them, as well as a discussion on his Grow Cycling Foundation and how we can support them to make cycling more inclusive.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Eliot Jackson’s background in motocross
- Bike setup tips from Eliot Jackson
- Beginner mistakes from a pro DH racer
- Why bike / body separation is so important
- How to turn a mountain bike
- What mountain bike and road bike handling have in common
- What sets apart the best mountain bikers in the world
- Managing risk on the bike and how to build confidence in your bike handling
- Why pro riders can process everything at such high speed
- How to train for downhill mtb racing
- How to memorize a course
- How to race if you are having to ride a course blind
- How to mentally recover from a mid-race mistake
- What is Grow Cycling Foundation?
- What motivated Eliot Jackson to found Grow
- Grow Cycling Foundation’s fundraiser for the VeloSolutions pump track in Los Angeles, CA
- How can you make cycling more inclusive?