Pro Cyclocross racers Cody Kaiser and Courtenay McFadden stopped by TrainerRoad HQ for a deep dive on cyclocross training and racing in front of an in-studio audience during Cyclocross National Championships in Reno, NV.
Topics covered in this episode
- Dismounting tips from the pros
- Should you do a step-through or not?
- How often should you practice dismounting and remounting?
- How to maintain momentum in the sand
- How to ride an off-camber section
- How to decide if you should ride an obstacle or run it
- Tips for learning to bunnyhop barriers
- How to pre-ride a course properly
- How to ride Belgian Steps
- Should you wear a GPS watch or use a head unit?
- How do pro cyclocross racers eat?
- Taper strategies before a big cyclocross race
- Pre-race meals for cyclocross racers
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.