How to make a breakaway stick, can you do too much VO2 work, ideal pre-race and mid-race nutrition and more in Episode 156 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- Are sprints at the end of a ride a good idea?
- How to get faster in the offseason
- Adjusting your training plan for outdoor rides
- Deep dive on race tactics
- How to change tactics mid-race
- How to carry momentum through corners
- How to make other riders work in a breakaway
- Why attacking from the front is usually a bad idea
- How to make a breakaway successful
- An ideal pre-race breakfast
- How to train for short hill climbs
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.