WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

for watching you dont need one i think…

1 Like

Correct. I made on to allow chat.

Do you know if twitch blocks for music licensing if its playing in the background?

Not sure…will check it out…i used youtube and connected that to the stream…

1 Like

The Girl and I are in for tomorrow. 3 PM GMT. 2 people on the trainer in a small apt for 4 hours…things are gonna get…musty

10 Likes

Got you loaded.

Make sure to crack a window. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@mcneese.chad - what social media hashtags you recommending for this? If I’m going to do something quite so epically bonkers as this I at least want everyone to see just how much I’m suffering / see how much of an idiot I am.
Looking forward to this tomorrow. Just done a primers session to wake the legs back up after a rest week. Should be ‘fun’

@mcneese.chad, can you put me on 8AM belgian time? Thanks

I went with #wwdisasterday

1 Like

Yup, the above makes sense to me.

Good luck all.

I must admit I was being tempted but last nights podcast got me thinking and then sickness in the family today has put paid to any chance of a turbo session tomorrow.

I’m particularly interested how the social aspect works out with Discord - I have a bunch of 4hr sessions in plan, so I’m thinking maybe stirring up fellow long haul TrainerRoadsters into group suffering.

Love the global angle too! :smile:

1 Like

Done!!! Did it at +2-5% and did a better job w the sprint tags in the 30mim high tempo/low SS block at the end than I did in my August attempt.

19 Likes

Chapeau!

1 Like

Stupid question… where do you add the WWDD tag? Is it just an extension of your surname?

Ice alerts for tomorrow around where I am so a friend and I are doing the 3/4 for 9am UK start (he’s signing onto a trial TR account to join in and this will be his first ride on the platform!) What better ride to convert someone swiftly from his other usual online training platform :thinking:

Good luck all!

A

2 Likes

Well I am out. Got some knee pain that I have not had in many a year. Wondering if the new job, more walking and not doing my regular stretches for the lady two weeks caused a problem.

Suffered major cramping and seizing from the SS block and on lol… but I did it!
thanks @kellenhassell

ps. All-Time Power PR from 3:20 and on
once finished the “workout” this was the most anticlimactic thing I’ve ever done in my life :woman_facepalming:

20 Likes

Chapeau!

1 Like

Awesome work. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you.
I was gonna say that I think you all are nuts but I remembered I did this custom workout in the summer. Looking back I regret doing it because I went into my IM over trained. image

5 Likes

An Unofficial Guide to Disaster

Hi Folks,

For many, the time is approaching and I am excited for you! As I mentioned in my post yesterday after completing this epic event, I had prepared notes that included analysis of the ride and tips I used for successful completion. The document, “An Unofficial Guide to Disaster” is a bit long, but perhaps in skimming it you might find a section or two useful to you.

Pending community interest, I will update this document after others complete it. Feedback can be provided via this forum thread for others to see or to me directly (bobmachlin@gmail.com).

Best of luck tomorrow and have fun!!!

7 Likes