Official World Wide Disaster 2020 Thread!

After much waiting (and rather a lot of life TSS on the part of the organizers!) we are pleased to announce the Official World Wide Disaster Event 2020, taking place December 6-12th!

Because this year has been more than challenging enough, the WWDD event will focus on encouraging connection between TrainerRoad athletes, although there will certainly be more than enough challenge for those keen to attempt the full Disaster!

The official Disaster Day will take place on 12 December, but any workout which you view as challenging will make you part of the WWD Team! Maybe you finally want to do the + version of your hardest workout, full Disaster, or something truly mad like Bandeira (6 HOURS at endurance pace…same TSS as Disaster, half the fun!), as long as you’re challenging yourself, it counts!

We would also like to encourage everyone interested to use the fantastic Group Ride feature to join with other TR users around the world! The world has seen more than enough isolation this year, so why not make new friends or get the usual group to do something a bit mad together! If you are interested in playing host to any Disaster or other Group Ride event, please sign up below, and we, the organizers, will keep a running list of all available group rides.

Any questions, comments or offers to help, please get in touch with myself, @mcneese.chad or @bobmac, your WWDD team!

Good luck and see you all (virtually!) there!

Discord server for Text and Audio Chat:

24 Likes

@JohnWilliam Get after it!

2 Likes

@ellotheth @brenph @runriderandi et al. Who’s ready for it!?

4 Likes

Penciling it into my calendar for now.

3 Likes

I’m in for a full D again, but will have to see which day suits best for me!

2 Likes

Trash talk is allowed!!!

1 Like

This sounds interesting. So we just do a hard workout Dec. 12?

That is what we did in prior years. We are hoping to get some of the TR Group Workouts assigned, so we can actually ride “together” for these silly hard workouts, to share the misery :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Let’s party!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Anyone willing to do so, can set their workout to be a “Group Workout”, and then share a link in this thread, so we can let others join in your workout.

We can potentially post those links in the OP of this thread so people can look at the existing workouts vs adding their own (assuming the day and time work for them).

3 Likes

Mandatory!

2 Likes

I’ll have another go at it on the 12th, probably a 7am GMT start for me and I’ll probably find a long Zwift course to chalk off at same time!

3 Likes

That’s part of it, but we’re also suggesting you join into a bit of the community spirit. Depending on what you consider challenging, Disaster or one of the minus versions, is a great option, as well as letting you join with other TR users on the group ride.

But any workout that you view as a challenge fits!

2 Likes

I’m pencilling in -2 for the 12th. Its that or McAdie based on a coin flip on the day so -2 isnt a terrible substitute. The others are just something I dont feel like putting myself through right now.

Probably European AM but depends what group stuff is going on.

1 Like

LOL… bruh… looks like 4 hours of straight pain… Log In to TrainerRoad

I might have to do the -2 version… man… ouch!

2 Likes

Meh, the full D only tickles a little bit :wink:

Seriously though, only done the full beast once, and I would not have made it through without the help and encouragement of the group. I am considering the -2 or possibly Rockhouse for something different this year.

4 Likes

Mmmmm… Got Tallac +3 scheduled on the 12th as the last wo before recovery week in GB1. The -2 seems to be a good match in terms of TSS at least. Might to a swap just to make things a bit more interesting than 5x15 SS. I do love a good SS wo though…

1 Like

i am in for the full this year.

2 Likes

Get some!

1 Like

I’ll do -2 with you. :grimacing:

1 Like