Who knew Samsung supported ANT+?

See the above comments about Samsung Tablets and ANT+. Limited models have ANT support and has been broken in Android. Phones don’t seem to have the same issues. I just got a Tab A and it runs on BT fine so far.

Ha, literally the exact same thing happened to me!!

1 Like

I bought my Galaxy Tab A at Costco and it supports ANT+
SM-T550

Is your ANT+ functioning? @mkleive reported that it stopped after an update. The Tab A’s models here at Costco( that I just got this week) don’t support ANT+, TM-380 (I think). I suspect they all have the BT/ANT chipsets but aren’t necessarily enabled in Android. This is Ant lists the 380 as ANT certified so they must have either tested it or have been given certification on the same spec as other models.

Well, probably not exactly… haha! I had my phone in my pocket on an MTB ride. Crashed twice. Dislocated my shoulder twice. Didn’t realize what had happened to my phone till I got to the bottom!

Lol, yeah not literally. My S7 dropped out of my pocket on a boat in a boat yard in Chicago and dropped about 25 feet to the concrete below and busted to bits.

I am happy with the S8 i replaced it with though at least!

1 Like

You can download an Ant+ Plugin Service on the Play Store. This might help getting Ant+ working on your tablet if the hardware is there.

1 Like

I’ll look that up, thanks.

I’m guessing it won’t work. Android broke the functionality of Ant+ with an update. It’s widespread. My Tab A worked with Ant+ perfectly and then one day I did an Android update and it didn’t work anymore. BT is fine.

1 Like

I’ll give the ANT+ Services a shot. It sure looks like it is “capable” just not “enabled” https://fccid.io/A3LSMT380/Test-Report/Bluetooth-Test-Report-3476804

:point_up: here :slight_smile:

Was also surprised when I discovered that Samsung has ANT+. Has heart rate monitor, IP certified device, and then ANT+ support, a phone for athletes indeed.

I was using a galaxy Tab 2, 10 inch tablet, now using pc though.

I have a Tab A (SM-T580) from Costco. It recognized my Ant+ devices right out of the box. I just got it so I haven’t tried to do a workout with it. I have been reading on the forum that the connection may not be very reliable, so I want to try it out on one of the easier workouts first.

I guess it is it or miss what Tab A model you get. I would have preferred ANT+ but it was very stable using BT.

Used my Tab A this morning for Elephant +6. Ant+ worked with no issues. I’m happy because I prefer the flexibility that Ant+ provides compared to BT.

Is there a tablet/phone less expensive than Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (~$110) that will do ANT+? I’d like to pick up something with a touchscreen and ANT+ built in for a project idea.

Looks like the S20 was the last Samsung phone to have ANT+. The S21 (and latest A model) has dropped ANT+. Like others, I’ve been using my phone with ANT+ devices for years. This is such a disappointment from Samsung. Maybe if there’s enough complaints they’ll bring it back for the S22 (I’m an eternal optimist).

Oh the S22 does look to have the ANT+ chip back. Pheww.

I’ve been looking at this issue the last few days and didn’t see the specs for the to-be-released S22 including ANT+. I hope this is right :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Did you get your S22 ant+ to work? I have not been successful yet.

Thanks.