What's in a (user) name?

Tell me about you and your username.

The magic spanner is that little bit of ‘assistance’ from the mechanic when you’re off the back of the group and suddenly your brakes are rubbing… I need that assistance all the time.

Mike, a shite Scottish CX racer.

2 Likes

Last Name . First Name

Boring but purposeful with the intent to separate myself from TR’s Coach Chad Timmerman in the forum (even though it seems to fail frequently at that effort :stuck_out_tongue: )

8 Likes

You should gave gone with not.chad.timmerman

Mike

21 Likes

:rofl: :+1:

Boombang, goes back to my days of being very interested in car audio (think absolute volume not necessarily quality, but there was a balance?.

Have used it online for 20 years on all sorts of forums and communities. Stick with it now out of habit.

2 Likes

guess mine is self explanatory lol

2 Likes

FatOldGuy. Taken from the VeloNews cartoon Old Guys Who Get Fat in the Winter. Only I don’t just get fat in the winter lol. My motto should be I ride to eat!

For the record. I’m not really fat but I do intend to lose about 15 or so pounds.

3 Likes

Onemanpeloton:

My first proper road bike was a Cube Peloton and i only ever rode solo

Also, scottish cx? Were you at MoX?

2 Likes

MoX and I don’t get along!

Last year was a DNF due to illness.

This year was a DNS due to illness.

Gutted to miss it because it is genuinely a world-class CX course.

Mike

Because i’m a french guy who wears sandals.

Also partially happens to be my last name.

17 Likes

She’s the triathlete. I’m the Sherpa.

6 Likes

Stava Username

My still unmet goal of racing in the mtb expert category legitimately not just because you can sign up.

4 Likes

Last name is Savage and was called Doc from Doc Savage the Man of Bronze in the 80s while playing softball in the Philippines. The name stuck and has followed me for 36 or so years.

4 Likes

ChrisTOF (first name) + KarTOFFEL (German translation of “potatoe”, also slang for a typical German person) = tofel

4 Likes

Old World of Warcraft nickname.

4 Likes

I’m a bass player and the Fender Precision Bass is called a “p bass”. The problem is that everyone says it like it’s a fish, so p-base.

4 Likes

letter “c” broken on my keyboard, out of frustration hit the letter b twice :joy:

19 Likes

Last name is Safley, & a lifetime ago I was pretty serious about motorcycle road racing. My 1st season, I fell down quite a bit and one of the girls in registration made a comment to the effect of your 1st name shouldn’t be Charlie, it should be Notso as in you ride notso safely. It stuck…

7 Likes

Slow news day or what? :grin: