What's in a (user) name?

Trainer type when I started TR: Kickr
Name: Lin

KickrLin

I’m on a Neo these days. Hence, the avatar photo is a Neo :man_shrugging:

p.s.
@Captain_Doughnutman Thought of you yesterday as I had a couple of Krispy Kreme :doughnut::smile:

4 Likes

My username means “rice pudding” in french. Because my last name sounds the same with different spelling, it was the common joke at school. “let’s eat some riz au lait”. Unfortunately for my buddies, I found the joke pretty funny and laughed with them, which was seemed to remove all the fun for them :grinning:

4 Likes

In your profile description “diesel engine” does not fit completely then :slight_smile: You should definitely try to go higher in the rpm, this is where the c̶a̶r̶r̶e̶r̶a̶ bbarrera gives its best!

2 Likes

I really just wanted to know how many doughnuts you eat and whether you’re a real captain.

Mike

4 Likes

First and last name, “ä” replaced with “a” in the last name.

1 Like

Mine is my Pirate Triathlete name … and a reflection of my youth :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m Dutch but grew up in Belgium and moved back to the mother country ten years ago. I still go back to Belgium and Luxembourg often and ride in all three countries (mostly mountainbike in Belgium/Luxembourg and road in the Netherlands) → hence the name BeNeLuxrider

4 Likes

One of our cars had 001NJU as its license number. We didn’t think we could get 001NEW. “J” here is like “Y” in English. It’s all related to my surname. You might be able to find my name in the results of the 1976 Trail’s End Marathon, as I try to stay semi-anonymous on the Internet.

2 Likes

What I was told was the English translation of my name, translated into Sindarin.

(look it’s an improvement over MaraJade000, ok)

5 Likes

I just decided to go with my name. Transparency, and it allows for occasional self-promotion such as this (which obscure authors on small presses must do – these things don’t sell themselves):

4 Likes

My initials and a number I like.

1 Like

Username came from a time when I served Queen and Country, where we used to “play” online games such DeltaForce 2 (1999), all in the interest of team work and field craft!

Our squad all had character names from the Father Ted series, mine was Father Damo.

Anyway my son took over my Xbox live account, which also then used this username, and I lost that to him over the years…so my online name then became fatherdamo2 and has been that for more years than I care to remember!

6 Likes

Normally I use S.S. kind a nickname that represents also my 1st and last name Sérgio Saldanha. In TR it wasn’t possible to register that way so SSaldanha is my nick here.

1 Like

ha ha, yeah I’m built more like a German sedan but secretly wanting the 911 look and redlining ability!

2 Likes

I’m terrible at clever names so I went the boring first/last name route.

1 Like

It was my nickname at BMX races when I was a kid, coined by the announcers calling the race. I won just about every race I was in. I had it on the back of my jersey and helmet at one point. Very cringe worthy looking back.

8 Likes

Same anonymous username that I use across the interwebz, coined it 20 years ago with my Yahoo account and first non-school related email.

My two favorite basketball players… guys I used to play basketball with called me Nash (as in Steve Nash) because I played a similar style and am small and white. Favorite player growing up was Reggie Miller, number 31. Unfortunately, nash31 was taken on Yahoo!, so… nash031 it is.

2 Likes

Because I have almost but not quite given up on forum anonymity.

1 Like

Sadly, I’m no Yasir Salem or Picard, but I get by.

My user name was born from my time on Strava. I was a mere commuter at the time, having a blast just bombing around town on my single speed. What I saw when I signed up was a lot of people taking Strava waaaaay too seriously, so I thought up a ridiculous name and joined the fray. I really got a kick out of seeing ‘Captain Doughnutman’ atop the handful of popular KOMs I managed to snag from the unsmiling trying-too-hard lycra racer boys…and doing so in baggy street clothes on a SS steel commuter. :laughing: Zoom! Zoom!

FWIW, before I got sidelined in the spring, I was venturing to secure sponsorship of some sort from the best local doughnut shop. Obviously that never happened but the dream is still alive…

Good to know my nudging ways are infiltrating the minds of TR members. :smiling_imp::doughnut:
Welcome to the army!

6 Likes

I’ve spent 25 years working for a high end pool and spa builder. The digits are my birth year. I’ve been called poolboy since I was in college.

3 Likes