What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

I failed Dade +1 a couple days ago (and miserably, getting through only the second of 9 intervals).

But I picked myself up and threw it all at Dade -1 this morning:

Considering I felt miserable with today, I’m very concerned that the next 3 weeks are going to be hell… not a single workout below .90 IF.

22 Likes

Carter to help legs recover from Kaweah yesterday. Kaweah really cooked them (set a few new PRs the 1st week of SSBII).

It’s always nice when your legs feel fresher after a workout than before, thanks Carter.

Note: Sundays are reserved for outdoor rides, but I’m a cold weather wimp.

11 Likes

Palisade… my nemesis. Done. Very happy. Will have a few beers tonight…

23 Likes

Returning to structured training with 90min on rollers. Lowered the FTP beforehand (-20), after botching the Ramp Test, after realizing my indoor FTP is not the same as what I can execute outdoors. I didn’t hit the target numbers, but I’m just happy to have completed the workout. Got through two tv shows, too. It’s a process.

17 Likes

After 4500KJ’s yesterday. Safe to say that was horrible :face_vomiting: :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Clark today, which brings me to the end of week 2 of SSBMV2.

Another solid ride which certainly felt more comfortable than Hunter which preceded it yesterday. I did wonder how my legs would hold up today after the aforementioned yesterday, but with some good recovery yesterday afternoon - some mobility work and massage, all was good.

Week 3 starts with Pettit tomorrow.

15 Likes

Last session of Sustained Power Build. Hit this one perfectly. Don’t know where to go from here.

6 Likes

Swapped Galena +3 for 4 hours z2. Decided to try a ‘Tired20’ after 2,000kJ. Unfortunately, I got my route planning wrong and ended up doing 349 watts for 12:30. Felt surprisingly good, breathing was steady, HR got up to LTHR by the end, so probably around threshold. SSBHV1 has done wonders!

10 Likes

Rest/recovery, then Ramp Test, then Base or Specialty or what you think will be a motivational block.

3 Likes

I swapped Geiger+2 for an outdoors Andrews+1 on a similar route to yesterday but as it’s been mild for the last few days I came back over Knockhill. It is only 364m (1194ft) but it’s high enough to get snow and ice which had gone in town.

The first block was a 75min long 166w-194w interval. Which lol saw me going faster than most folk out and in the middle of it I passed a bloke and must have upset his pride for a few drags when that was actually quite slow he chased me down and re-overtook. Only for a minute or les later for the watt target to mean a pace where I cruised by. He kept that up for 3 or 4 inclines but his elastic finally broke :joy:

There was then a series of 20s sprints but low on intervals.icu you can barely see them in the noise. Strava shows them better.

Oh and I got my first get on the cycle path in years. I had just finished the 75mins interval and I saw it and thought I use it but couldn’t see a gap in the fence/wall and it was full of elderly folk walking so in these Covid times I decided against. Just as it narrowed, went behind a 4ft wall and got busier still. A driver passing who didn’t need to (the road was wide and clear) decided to do so :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Bike 2hr 30min
3x 36 minutes ~ 92% ended up as follows, with an all time 2hr ave power +4 watts at 240w

Followed up by an easy 10km at 8:33 m/mi pace

14 Likes

Feeling good towards the end of the recovery period (day 7, sessions 6 & 7). Truly -1 followed immediately by Phoenix -3 (lots of hydration lead to a pause for the bathroom 2 minutes before the end of the last session…grrrrr) . Ramp test tomorrow :grimacing:

13 Likes

That’s a cool set up. Thanks for sharing. If you get the balance down, I bet that thing flies.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Mianzimu. Stretched it out another 30 minutes to finish ‘The Uber Pretzel’ route badge in zwift.

Now for a recovery week!

Can see exactly where the HR starts to drift. around 2:40

Still doing well though, only spent 14s above “Aerobic”

14 Likes

Usually my lungs give out before my legs do, but this workout, the heart rate felt manageable, even with the new bump in FTP, but the legs were burning. I didn’t blow up, I guess that’s progress,

12 Likes

Nearly cramped during the 12s sprints. Not sure why. (that dip during the 4th set… so close to locking up).

Otherwise, a nice change from the VO2 stuff I’ve been doing.

11 Likes

And my power increases and my heart rate lowers. This thing not as fast as what I’m planning to buy. Velomobile

1 Like

Back in 2017 my ftp was in the 220 area. When I started TR 1/1/19 it was 268. Very pleased with the program and myself.

25 Likes

Took Wright Peak -1 outside. I did the intervals to/from trailhead, where I rode singletrack with a group from my local bike shop. I got the work done and had a fun ride! Love Outside TR!

6 Likes