What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

More hard start SS intervals. The start is hard but the end is sweet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

Hunter. Felt like a solid ride that did. It certainly felt hard towards the second half of the final interval. 2 hours flew by. One thing I did notice was the recovery periods - whilst very welcomed, they were either slightly too long, or at too low a power, I haven’t decided. I felt when the next interval came around I was a little “disconnected” from the work ahead of me and the first few minutes of adjusting to the interval felt harder than it should of been.

17 Likes

Warren +1. 2:15 on the trainer felt pretty tough after the first 1:45.

16 Likes

18 Likes

I made a custom workout in the style of Polar Bear -3 and similar workouts. This was 2½ hours at 70-75% FTP. I plan to make more workouts like this to progress with.

16 Likes

Solid 5hrs today. 4 hours of intervals tomorrow :upside_down_face:

20 Likes

It was supposed to be Kaweah for me today but after a lot of rain overnight (and snow on the hills) I woke up to it being dry’ish so I went out decided though with all the flooding/ melting snow I didn’t want to be on the Threshold so I opted for the Endurance session Bays +1 and to stay in control. The forecast was for more rain so I didn’t expect to stay out long but the forecast was completely wrong and grey skies quickly became blue skies. I went towards the hills but it quickly turned white at the sides of the road and there was a lot of slush on them so I stayed on the A roads.

18 Likes

The Warmup
No biggy as is usual but I need to take a break already after the warmup. Not because it was hard but due to all the water and coffee I had earlier. Back on the bike and here we go.

Interval I
I should increase the power by 20% that was easy!

Interval II
Errrr, no – no power increase needed.

Interval III
Okay, – no power increase is definitely correct.

Interval IV
What will happen if I take a caffeine gel, listen to Iron Maiden’s Run to the Hills and execute standup drills – Maybe a 20% increase was feasible? However at the end I returned to the earlier conclusion that standing pat with default power is correct.

Interval V
Time to pray and be glad I did not listen to that foolishness about power increases! Time for a heroic march, posting up, and flipping off the workout that vanquished me last spring! I am now batting 667 against this particular workout. The last three minutes was hard.

Time for a recovery week and to start Sweet Spot Low Volume II. There is no doubt my threshold is bracketed by this workout, I am expecting my next ramp test to be stable if not bump up by about 3-5%. We will see!

18 Likes

Andrews - SSBMV last week. Quite a ride but a couple of David Attenborough documentaries helped through (though by the end I could not tell which animals he was talking about :sweat:).

20 Likes

Andrews for me today as well…recovery period, day 6, session 5. I’ve put on 3 pounds this week, a little higher than a normal recovery period…it will come off quick next week.

16 Likes

New hour power record, also 3W off ftp for an hour.

The second bit (ss intervals) were harder than the first bit

19 Likes

Indoor or outdoor workout?

Recumbent on a trainer would be an interesting set up.

Sure as heck more comfy for those long rides.

Wright Peak -1 today. Penultimate hard ride before recovery week. Sitting @ 290 felt great, but just couldn’t get comfortable. Numbness has been creeping into the last few rides recently, and earlier in the ride too. Had pretty much nothing the previous 20 or so rides. Ironically, I felt more comfortable whilst in the TT position for the first 8 minutes of each of the final three 10 min blocks.

Looking forward to going long and trying my hand at a Tired20 tomorrow after 2,000kJ instead of Galena +3.

21 Likes

Today should have been Lion Rock, but I wanted something a touch harder, so I browsed the workout library and went with Galena +1 instead, 3x20min@95%. The first interval went by easy, so I bumped it up to 101% for the 2nd, and 104% for the third, ending the third with a little kick to 110%. Wanted to finish up the Rouvy route, so I tacked on a little dessert at the end.

19 Likes

Nice work. Sounds like you need to do a ramp test next. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Byers Peak

Sustained Power Build still kicking my arse all over the place.

20 Likes

Easy Bald Knob. Looking forward to riding outdoors tomorrow.

17 Likes

Clark for me today:

Suits my Clydesdale nature. SSB LVII. Did well. Took a break ~60 mins to adjust fluid levels.

20 Likes

20200715_202056

Indoor. I’m not confident steering that Ice B1 2008. Got it on a elite direto.

So build my recumbent legs whilst I sort out my shoulder issue. Do need to address numb toes. Tried sandles and some mtb shoes. Different level of numbness which caused me to stop for a min or two.

Shortening cranks may help, as changing cleats to midfoot. 145, 155mm cranks available and shoes from Lintamin.

I’m even contemplating a rocker plate, with a small table attached to the side for towel, water bottles and keyboard for my nuc (zwift on it)

11 Likes

Andrews today

14 Likes