What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

I haven’t done any intervals in the trainer for a while, I was feeling motivated so I planned for

3 x 24 (O/U)…the idea was to work at or below LTHR, but at the end of interval #2 HR was 3-5 bpm above. Decided to cut it. Next week I will do 2 x 30 and that will be better mentally and more apt for my goals of increasing sustained power.

13 Likes

13 Likes

Reinstein:

Had a score to settle down with this workout…! Epic fail on November 21 (my second day on TR plan)

Today…

15 Likes

Lamarck , no words needed :hot_face:

19 Likes

Kaweah in the books. A pseudo proof-of-ramp test I reckon. Had to dig pretty deep and was cooked at the end.

18 Likes

Well, that didn’t go according to plan! Don’t really know what happened - not really sure if my head went before my legs or vice versa to be honest. Had a couple of days off the bike with a twinge but no trace of that this morning so it’s not that - and I’ve finished this workout successfully a couple of times before (though on 7-10% lower FTP) - but not today. HR just didn’t want to come down after the third interval.

Last week of SSBMVII so I’m inclined to carry on with completing the rest of the week and write this one off unless there’s advice to the contrary.

10 Likes

I have just climbed off the Lamarck workout, and after struggling with Spencer+2 yesterday (and having to drop the intensity on the later intervals), I could’ve added one or two intervals. I am certainly have a lot of work to do on my VO2 max sessions, as I am clearly a sustained effort rider!

5 Likes

I just finished CLARK. This is Sweet Spot but by the end of the last and second to last intervals it felt close to 9.5 RPE. I still managed to complete the workout but is it supposed to become this hard by the end of the workout?

PS.: I was fuelling during the workout (1 cliff bar + 1 gel)

7 Likes

I really love how today’s workout reminded me to watch my favorite Christmas movie!

15 Likes

We did the same workout today!

2 Likes

Good job! I good midweek workout lol

1 Like

I sometimes think I would prefer Jelly Of The Month club to TR :laughing:

1 Like

Right back at you! I’m dreading Fish -2 on Friday… :frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

This was much harder than I expected and there was no workout text so I missed having Coach Chad telling me that I had done a nice job at the end. Not one of my favorites.

14 Likes

Woke up 15 mins early, so I did a 2 hour long Marcus Baker -3

16 Likes

Nice endurance session. Working through my aero positions. Felt good to just tick over :+1:

12 Likes

Found this much harder than anticipated. Just trying to tick over at the moment to get me through to end of January when I’ll start to concentrate on increasing ftp again. Onwards.

13 Likes

Marcus Baker -3 as well @KlemenSj!

Calling this a minus anything does it no justice! Especially at the end of a modified SSB2MV week 1 and preceded by Kaweah yesterday! Last two intervals took some focus.

13 Likes

Just taking each day as it comes until I feel fit enough to commit to a structured plan again.

Happy with today’s effort, I’ve also had some kind of an epiphany in so much that I’ve just started to workout with my heart rate hidden.
I’ve always been too focussed on my HR, having suffered regular palpitations for a long time.
Since I gave up caffeine in August my palpitations are almost gone so I do worry a lot less about my heart.
Can’t wait for the ticker to explode on my next ramp test🤣

Screenshot_20201210-152612

13 Likes

Lamarck. That was properly tough. 48 hours until Leconte…

15 Likes