What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Dunderberberg -2 was in my Calendar today. I lasted 1h12min on ERG before my cadence started to drop so I switched to Resistance mode for the last 7 minutes of the interval to avoid the dreaded Spiral of Death. Quite pleased with the results 57 all time bests from 1h03.30m to 1h30m and 98 2020 and post April 19 op records (42min onwards) :blush:

16 Likes

Geiger for me today. Got interrupted by the gasman at around halfway, but otherwise did well

12 Likes

Mary Austin -1 for me today to finish off 3 good working days of threshold.

Only been cycling now for 6 months (TR/structured training about 4-5 weeks) so still trying to adapt to shuttling out metabolic byproducts since prior to cycling I was a bodybuilder/crossfit athlete. Feeling like I’m noticing a big difference and looking forward to additional suffering leading to increased ability to hold sweet spot and threshold which are my weak areas whereas VO2 Max and Sprint repeats are my strong point being that I’ve recently had a 400+ lb squat and close to 500lb deadlift at 185lbs.

Would be curious if there are other bodybuilders or power lifters out there and how long it took to adapt to long SS and Threshold intervals.

D97D894B-2F5C-4B85-BAD9-8987991E33D4_4_5005_c

14 Likes

Wilhelm +5, first hard ride of SPBHV and first proper VO2 Max session since August, having been on starting SSB1 MV & SSB2 HV since then.

Boy did I feel that. Completed to power target but the cadence really suffered in the last couple of VO2 Max intervals, I’ve never been so happy to see a 30 minute interval in my life!

14 Likes

Gros Morne today, goodie!

9 Likes

I have rarely done more than 90min on the indoor bike today was 120min SS. I completed it and still not a fan but hoping this gives me the edge in my crit racing

17 Likes

Easy day = fasted Laurentian

13 Likes

Gabb.
Partial success

2min interval: hit the spiral of death, just couldn’t get on top of it, so bailed
1st ramp: ran out of juice
2nd ramp: felt a twinge in the knee, stretched it, but completely put me off my game.
Trying to be kind to myself, it’s still 80 mins of hard work, in the end :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

15 Likes

That’s a great way to look at it! It’s still 108 TSS at 0.90IF, you weren’t slouching!

4 Likes

I’m trying to apply the same principle to myself that I would preach to others if they considered an effort like this a failure.
Always easier to preach to someone else though :wink:

But thanks for the positive reinforcement, it helps.

3 Likes

Short version of Clark this morning. I love me a Stomp :grin:

14 Likes

Mary Austin -1 , i was thinking about quitting after the first 4 intervals but then i decided i will give the fifth one a go after that i said to myself i might as well do the last one :wink:

16 Likes

That’s the spirit! Way to go!

3 Likes

Back on the structured training bandwagon.

Tues-Wed-Thurs flanked by weight work Mon and Fri.

Streak closing in on 400 days.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.07.56 AM

11 Likes

Ramp test (313–>329) followed by volunteer.

I was guessing I’d slot in +- 325 based on recent over unders. 5% is going to be a decent jump going into a modified SSB2MV (Gendarme on Sunday). Put a couple of efforts into volunteer for no real good reason.

11 Likes

Goddam cycling tyrannosaurus🦖

6 Likes

Mary Austin -1. Jeez, that lulls you into a false sense of security… that last up and down was a real mental battle. Hard work, but right on the edge of manageable - certainly better than the flailing mess that was the end of CP+2 last week.

13 Likes

It turns out you can’t really supervise a child properly while on the trainer. A shame really as this was shaping up to be a good workout coupled with some TV time.
“Excuse me, Daddy” is a very polite way of saying you’re not paying me enough attention. I can normally flick over to a doco and get him interested. Today, no dice.

I figure half an hour on the bike is better than nothing. Take it on the chin and push it to (very early) Sunday morning for the win.

17 Likes

Time for me to institute the Senior 3 wks work/1 wk rest paradigm.

Lol, I’m 28 and I do this. It’s ok

1 Like