What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Pretty pleased with this, my first workout in GPBHV after the midpt ramp test. WKO5 finally seems to have a properly fed power curve. Which has me thinking: dial down the anaerobics and do more long aerobic efforts. Winter = Base miles after all. So I split the difference today. Exceeded power targets for the first sets, then settled into some Z2. I’m particularly happy for the stable Z1HR while pushing 70% power. Go resistance mode.

Also, it’s crazy how little VO2maxHR time you get banging out 15x1min@130%: 8 min with HR above LTHR, but almost no time up at aerobic capacity. Where’s Pisgah with those 4min intervals? Oh, right, Next week.

Progressive overload describes the past few months. The PRs have been falling.:crossed_fingers:I finish GPBHV intact, then on to 2021 and building the biggest, most beautiful Base (as they say).

10 Likes

Monitor +4 today
Surprisingly, those 1 minute brakes between do me more harm than good.

14 Likes

Short endurance on TR as my legs were like lead, then a hill climb on Rouvy straight after.
Just keeping things ticking over. Onwards.

10 Likes

Two months ago I never would have seen completing Carter as an achievement, but for the past few weeks I’ve failed nearly every workout.
Wound it down to almost zero exercise last week and I’m just starting to get some energy back.
I’ve not suffered any other symptoms so I’m putting it down to fatigue.
No harm in taking a break anyway. Hopefully I’ll bounce back steadily.

14 Likes

I was firing blanks this morning. This was far harder than it should have been. Couldn’t find a cadence that worked and I kept tensing up. Not my finest hour on the trainer.

14 Likes

Petit substitute for variety (and some high cadence work).

9 Likes

Well this fairly nailed me as the first workout after a slight FTP bump. Using erg mode was not the best choices for the spikes :confused:

You can see I had to pull down the very last section of the 3rd block and got completely bogged down by one of the final sprints, but I got through it. HR 179 (Max 183) by the end. The drop off between the 3rd and 4th blocks was me having to stop for 10s to pick up a dropped towel :man_facepalming:t2:

Pleased I dug in and this felt like one of those workouts where you think ‘yeah this will make me better’

14 Likes

Call this a threshold check. I’ve increased FTP to 300 now.

Considering I’m only going to be doing sweetspot work anyway it will be fine. This block the goal is definitely to do 2 hours at 90%

13 Likes

17 Likes

Nice fasted ride before work today. I think I can safely say I messed up my ramp test, so far everything is well within my legs.

10 Likes

I went in planning to do 3 of the 4 intervals. I didn’t want to make another workout as my catalog is getting too much to filter through as it is. And I figured it would be great to compare when I do complete the 4 intervals. Welp, after interval #3 it didn’t feel horrendous so figured I would chug along. You can totally tell where I started to lose it an my yellow squiggly lines got more squiggly!

Now I’m wondering if finishing that 4th interval is going to dig a small hole for the rest of the week’s work. Guess I will find out!

10 Likes

Spencer+2 broke me this morning. The tension i felt in my adductors/hip flexors this morning was searing agony, unlike anything i’ve experienced before. I managed 4 intervals, and then dropped the intensity by 7%, and boy, i feel like i have been on fire all throughout today!

10 Likes

Had Spencer+2 scheduled but a combination of high motivation + feeling well fuelled + caffeinated made me reach for Spencer+3. Week five of SSBLV2 off to a good start… ending it with Disaster or something similar at the weekend might not be a good way to end it!

15 Likes

That totally made me laugh! :rofl::joy:

Tried to take my recovery week seriously— even cut down on running, too. Today was a ramp test:

7 new watts in the bag! Total watts are still really low, but 3.25 watts/kilo isn’t bad for an old lady like me! Kinda scared for tomorrow’s workout with my new ftp.

18 Likes

I bailed on Townsend last week.

Just didn’t have it in me. I definitely agree that breaks are good! Nice work on Carter!

11 Likes

Did I say PRs are falling? When it rains it pours, on almost all intervals from 10-45min! :fire::fire:

This was a zwift race, I was running late, had pairing/calibration problems, got dropped, and things were weird with the kickr. But I just hammered it to catch up, came 96 out of 100 or so, God knows. All I know is I was trying. Then I uploaded from my trusty garmin and power cranks, and found this. Just had to share - :partying_face:

12 Likes

Not tested for a while on medical advice (see previous posts re palpitations) but they haven’t found anything bad in my test results so far. Still waiting an MRI scan but no evidence of a serious issue, so went for it.

I’ve been doing TB HV, this is the first workout of the third 4-week block. This would be my best ramp test score ever. That will do fine! Now I’m looking at 3h z2 tomorrow and regretting my life choices.

15 Likes

The Celtic Warrior for me tonight one advantage of WfH and the planning committee is going on till after 10pm.

Jumped of the bike a few times to check Teams messages which I think has finally caused my eFTP to fall. It was 293w which was crazy when a ramp test put me at 230w :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Ericsson:

Did well, I was pleased with this.

12 Likes