What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Where was this advice 5 weeks ago?? I’m doing the same thing…

3 Likes

Palisade -0.5 this morning. My own edit with the same work as Palisade, reduced recoveries and warm up and cool down to get it to 1:15.

Found the warm up and first interval hard, but then I’m assuming the gel on waking/ carb mix bottle during warm up kicked in, as RPE went down rather than up. Not enough to tweak intensity, but n=1 still seems to be showing the benefits of fuelling.

Eclipse tomorrow, after beers tonight, so probably no glycogen issues but going to stick to the gel/ carb mix combo!

4 Likes

Fish-2 outside !

8 Likes

Ebbetts. Start of SSBLV11 and certainly noticed the FTP increase. My turbo doesn’t suit these spin ups in ERG mode. Onwards.

16 Likes

Palisade +5% on last 4 sets. Had to stand & mash on last 1, wouldn’t have made it otherwise. What can I say, it’s instinct! Most of my mountain biking has been on singlespeeds, I still stand way more than I should outside but it just feels right.

15 Likes

Pettit

Zwift Innsbruck orbit as I’m going there next weekend for festive markets and a
Glühwein or two…:smile: Had a go at the sprint, no green jersey but got second and some all-time power records which was unexpected considering 820 had posted times.
Last 15 minutes I did some slow grinding <50rpm…Enjoyed all…

9 Likes

Okay, decided to take on Sustained Power Build Mid Volume, and now I’m staring down the barrel of Red Lake +8, tomorrow. 5x6 minutes at 108% FTP and I am really wondering how I’m going to handle this.

I did Avalanch Spire, yesterday, which was 6x6 under/overs to 105% FTP and I was barely hanging on – my legs were more than burning, they were hurting.

I mean, I can handle Spencer +2 with a couple of backpedals in the final intervals, but that’s half the time. Would I be crippling myself if I expected to take a 20 second backpedal in the middle of each interval?

5 Likes

Adding in some VO2 stuff to break up the monotony of the sweet spot intervals. First set here seemed a bit too easy so I upped to 102% for the second set, which was a bit harder.

After the first three intervals in the final set, I upped 1% each interval until the workout was done. Still wasn’t eliciting the HR or RPE I was expecting for VO2. Never got above 178 bpm in this workout, whereas I was sitting at 188-190 bpm for 15 mins during sweet spot earlier this week (and cracked). :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Pettit last night, almost all in the drops. Good to have an easy day.

Hunter tonight. Crushed it, felt like I had an extra 30 watts in me. Wright Peak-2 coming up tomorrow (likely 13ish hours between workouts), this is going to be the first real check on whether I’m going to be able to handle a high volume plan.

12 Likes

After this week, impromptu 40k TT on the trainer 60mins @320w. At 50min my legs blew concentrated on cadence, last 10 @345w.

11 Likes

My regular Saturday club rides, an easy warm-up loop followed by a longer, more punchy loop

7 Likes

FWIW I thought Spencer +2 was much harder than Red Lake. The few % less make a huge difference

Geiger +2 to end first week of SSBMV2. Went ok. Now off to the season ending party of my bike club. :grin:

11 Likes

You know what, I was going along just fine until I tried to blow my nose and saw blood everywhere. I took the hint. Not the capstone I wanted for SSBMVI, but this was a scrunched up week to begin with.

ONWARD.

13 Likes

Same issue today

Clark…that was though. Need to go to the gym again and strengthen my core especially the lower back. Luckily I have enough time for that starting from first of December.

13 Likes

Antelope. Its format is relatively simple, so I put a zwift in my tr so I can noodle around while I train.

10 Likes

That was mentally brutal, no hiding place so sucking up the pain however it did make me smile when I finished.

Next time I do unders and overs I going to play disco inferno for the last interval. Loud.

16 Likes

3x 36m SST (which kind of became 39min x1 and 36m x2, as Zwift crashed and I started the intervals again.

Endurance session tomorrow and then a deserved recovery week.

8 Likes

Clark. SBB2 (even LV) is no joke to be honest. I have no experience with structurized training so this amount of stress is quite new for my body. Of course workouts are doable everytime, but amount of work you have to put is substantial. I cannot imagine doing MV with life (read work) going on. But holding 40 watts more during 1h in 8 weeks of training is a great compensation for the pain :slight_smile:

Workout fueled with 40g of carbs, of course no fan.

14 Likes